457 to PR still possible?

Usher1977

Hi all,

I'm currently working as a loss adjuster on a 457 visa and want to transition to PR however my visa expires 16 days prior to having complete 2 years with my employer. Does anyone know how the abolishment of the 457 will affect me? Will I have to apply for the new 4 year visa (no PR option with the new 2 year visa) or will I be able to apply for a bridging visa?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil

As far as I'm aware it does not affect current 457 only stopping new ones unless deemed necessary.

But it will be called something else, as far as your Pr you go straight onto a bridging visa until the decision has been made, so you can still continue with your employer, try one stop migration,they did everything for me

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Phil

As far as I'm aware it does not affect current 457 only stopping new ones unless deemed necessary.

But it will be called something else, as far as your Pr you go straight onto a bridging visa until the decision has been made, so you can still continue with your employer, try one stop migration,they did everything for me

Regards

Hi Mr.mrswest,

My problem is my 457 visa runs out 16 days prior to me completing 2 years employment which as I understand it is a pre-requisite to applying for PR. If they've abolished the 457 where do I stand when mine runs out. I'm thinking maybe I'll have to apply for the 4 year visa but that my 2 years worked already might be taken into account.

It's suddenly become very stressful!!! : (

If you call the agent I mentioned they could sort this out for you it may be a lot simpler than thought with it only being 16 days. My visa was the opposite it ran out