Sending tools by air

delandpetra

Hi, looking for some advice. Has anybody sent tools by courier or air transport to Oz? I'm thinking on sending a box of tools with a courier on 5 day delivery but don't want to end up paying a hefty charge at customs in Australia. I'm guessing that as they are for my own use it shouldn't be too much of an issue but just wondered if anybody has previous experience.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I had a lot of tools to bring over when we came so I sent the majority in the shipping container with our other items and kept the basics back for use in UK and Aus. I managed to narrow it down to around 12kg so had 18kg for luggage with emirates. Put them in the lightest lockable box I could on the plane also.

Thanks guys, I'll be bringing some with me on the plane as Singapore give you an extra 10kg if your travelling for the first time on a PR Visa (totals 40kg) but I also got quotes of around £100 to send a 20kg toolbox on a 5 day delivery and was considering getting some extra tools there a bit quicker than the 8 weeks shipping container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1