De Facto Spouse!

Guest Andrew&Ren

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hey all

Things are moving well and we have received approval from Aus :notworthy:

Meds are booked too yey!!!

We are applying for a 119 visa RSMS and i am going as a de facto spouse as we are not married but been together almost 4 years and lived together for just over 3 years.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else has gone out as a de facto spouse and can offer advice....

Obviously we are a proper loved up couple:Randy-git:!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!

If we need to we can prove it with joint house contracts,bills,holiday/xmas photos,letters....etc etc also ive heard they may ask friends and family and we have plenty of peeps who will help us out with that, but if anyone can share their experiences that would be great!

Did u need to provide proof?? was it sent with application for visa??? What did u send??? etc etc....

xxx

Guest Tracijbc
Hey all

We are applying for a 119 visa RSMS and i am going as a de facto spouse as we are not married but been together almost 4 years and lived together for just over 3 years.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else has gone out as a de facto spouse and can offer advice....

If we need to we can prove it with joint house contracts,bills,holiday/xmas photos,letters....etc etc also ive heard they may ask friends and family and we have plenty of peeps who will help us out with that, but if anyone can share their experiences that would be great!

Did u need to provide proof?? was it sent with application for visa??? What did u send??? etc etc....

xxx

Hi there,

We are also a De Facto couple and honestly, it's nothing to worry about. We had to get "proof", which involved a couple of references from family and friends to say we had been together for ages and weren't just getting together for a visa, and then, as you say, joint bills, council tax, rent receipts etc and South Australia were more than happy to grant us a visa.

The very best of luck with your application.

Traci xx :)

Guest motlyman

Had no trouble with ours either.

References from family and friends and reciepts from cinema, holidays, etc. bills, and pretty much anything you have done together from earliest to date.

We acctually had too much and our agent didnt need to submit half of it.

Colin

Guest caoimhe

We had to do a statement telling our "love story" :biglaugh: ie when and how we met, how long ago, financial commitents together, no big deal but we ended up getting married just before submitting application, but agent said statements would have been fine.

What baffled me was we have 4 kids together so that would have been pretty extreme to do just to get into OZ :goofy:

Guest chippie74

De-facto was worst than the TRA for us.having family members writing about us and having them stamped off by the solicitor.Digging out old photos ect,esp when i had my take-that haircut!! was all a nightmare.would of been easier getting wed

Guest deanrm

Hi All

We also had to prove our de-facto relationship!! We have two kids together so seemed alittle strange as Caoimhe said. We both wrote a statement about when, where how we meet, important memories, holidays ect - it was all a bit silly. We also sent morgage statment, council tax bill ect. And photos of us, we didn't have dates stamped on them but you could tell some where old, pregnant, not pregnant, pregnant again, not pregnant - you get the oicture.

Best wishes

Trisha

Guest Andrew&Ren

Thanks everyone thats great....:)

Did u wait till they asked for statements,joint bills etc or did u send it with the visa application???

xxx

Guest natdan

quote=Andrew&Ren;44032]Hey all

xxx

Well done looks like everythings moving in the right direction for you both ! Andrew , looks like you could be up for the weddin bit though ,after reading some of these threads !! GOOD LUCK you"ll need it ,[ tie the knot in oz NO familys to mither you !!] Good luck with the medicals, are you having them done in M/CR town centre.Wayne n Louise.:):)

Guest Andrew&Ren

Didnt realise we were to send proof with the visa app so thanks for that!!! :wubclub:

Should we send certified copies or originals ??? What do u suggest sending?? Sorry if i sound stupid but id sooner check!! We have lived and rented 3 properties all of which are in both names, as are council tax, utility bills etc. We have lots of holiday/special occassion photos and friends and family who will write a letter on our behalf....dont want to send too much though but then want to send enough??!?!?:goofy: If u know what i mean..........

Thanks all for your help xxx I love this site!:)

Natdan: We are going to Huddersfield for our meds, cheapest we found and recommended highly by others. Booked for 1st Aug!!!!!

Didnt realise we were to send proof with the visa app so thanks for that!!! :wubclub:

Should we send certified copies or originals ??? What do u suggest sending?? Sorry if i sound stupid but id sooner check!! We have lived and rented 3 properties all of which are in both names, as are council tax, utility bills etc. We have lots of holiday/special occassion photos and friends and family who will write a letter on our behalf....dont want to send too much though but then want to send enough??!?!?:goofy: If u know what i mean..........

Thanks all for your help xxx I love this site!:)

Natdan: We are going to Huddersfield for our meds, cheapest we found and recommended highly by others. Booked for 1st Aug!!!!!

I am not sure about online procedures. We did ours through the post.

We sent bills spanding the whole of the time we lived together, which wasnt as long as you. I think they are mainly interested in the last 12 months. As Andrew moved into my house we struggled on the utility bills side but sent, car insurance bills, mobile telephone bills, vehicle log, letters from solicitors re the sale of andrews house addressed to my house, etc, so your council tax untilies etc would be great. As long as bills show that you both lived at the premises over the last 12 months. All of these were certified copies by a solicitor.

We sent photos, and holiday receipts,which we had to have certified by a solicitor.

We also prepared statutory declarations from each of us about our relationship, how we met, how the finances and household duties were shared, how we saw our future. We also had stat decs from close friend or family, two for each of us. Five in total.

yeah it is a great site

Carole

Guest theforrests

We did the same as Carole - got all documentation copied and certified and sent with the visa application. I like that Australia has a proper "de facto" status - we are considered the same as married couples. We had no problems with the visa as well. Good luck!

Guest Andrew&Ren

Thanks everyone very helpful as always!!!!:)

Im on the case and started to get things together and asked a bunch of friends if they would help. Regarding statements from our friends are there set questions or guidelines??? Or is it just them saying how they know us, what we have done together with them, special occasions,hols etc and how they see our relationship?? or is it a form they fill in???

Also do we send real photos and will we get them back??? Questions questions....:chatterbox:

xxxx

Thanks everyone very helpful as always!!!!:)

Im on the case and started to get things together and asked a bunch of friends if they would help. Regarding statements from our friends are there set questions or guidelines??? Or is it just them saying how they know us, what we have done together with them, special occasions,hols etc and how they see our relationship?? or is it a form they fill in???

Also do we send real photos and will we get them back??? Questions questions....:chatterbox:

xxxx

There is guidance on this on the DIAC.

It seems to want it in the format;

When they met

Where they met

When they moved in together

What they are like as a couple

Experiences you have enjoyed with them

How they work as a team

their future in Australia

Other personal feelings or opinions you may have.

Photos can be copies. You wont get the originals back.

Carole