Blood Donors

The Monaghans

Don't know if anyone has posted something similar to this before, but Richie and I decided to donate blood recently as there is apparently a shortage of donors at the moment. Well, to cut a long story short we've been told we can't donate blood here because of the risk we might have CJD! The lady was very apologetic but said until the government here decide otherwise we're barred from donating! Unclean! Unclean!:arghh:

Guest guest569
I know, I tried to register when I seen a donating bus at Ikea a week after we arrived and was told no too. The OH thought this was hilarious right enough and said see I told you that you were a mad cow and there is no cure!!!!

Well if you had agreed with me that Liverpool would beat rangers i would have stuck up for you but alas i have to agree with Andy.:biglaugh:

Guest hrubieszowianka

I'm banned from blood donation even in Uk, because I had a blood transfusion. It gives a lot to think about what I actually got with that blood.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I am sure they will change the rules on that as a large population of oz are brits and a large population of aussies spent time in the Uk at the dodgy CJD time, and you cant give blood if you have a tattoo either I dont think. No wonder the advert for blood shortages is always on the radio!

sarah

Guest Richard & Amanda

My Aussie mate who has been here for 20yrs (emigrated when she was 18) can't give blood either. If I remember rightly, its something to do with being in the UK between 1986-1994 ( I might have these dates slightly wrong though!!!):cute:

Guest guest569
I am sure they will change the rules on that as a large population of oz are brits and a large population of aussies spent time in the Uk at the dodgy CJD time, and you cant give blood if you have a tattoo either I dont think. No wonder the advert for blood shortages is always on the radio!

sarah

You can give blood in the UK 12 months after a tattoo or a pearcing.:)

Guest jackieh

For anyone who is interetsed we wanted to join the Australian Bone Marrow register but we're informed that we could not due to this CJD issue. I challanged this as we have been on the Antony Nolan register in the UK for years. They have considered this, and have agreed to let us join the Australian register.

I know that we still cannot give blood but it is something!