Got it !!!!- Now Where to live?

Guest almost there

Guest almost there

Hi This is my first post. Having found out we've got our 175 visa tonight we are now in a tizzy about where to settle. We did a reccie last December to Melbourne but found it was not quite right for us. We then looked into Tasmania which looks beautiful but worried its too quite so are now looking at Adelaide!

Sorry forgot to say there is me, a nurse in oncology and palliative care, hubby, jack of all trades, 12yr old son whose ambition is to have a quad bike and 9yr old daughter who loves to ride and wants a pony!!!!

Where would you guys recommend? It's really important that schools are good. Near to beach or within 20 mins drive. Will need to rent to begin with for approx $350 per wk and then purchase for approx $350,000. I would like to be quite near my work , no more than 20 mins drive and would prefer small hospital of hospice. It looked lovely where Libby was on wanted down under tonight, does anyone know where that was? Any help/ advice will be welcome.

Welcome to PIA and congratulations on getting your visa! Didn't see the programme over here I'm afraid but can tell you that Libby has settled in either Reynella East or Old Reynella, I can never remember which it is! It's just around the corner from us anyway! It would be very hard for anyone to give you a recommendation at this point, it really is a case of coming and having a look for yourself. Basically the north of Adelaide is, shall we say, a bit more sophisticated and urban whereas the south is more family orientated and has easier access to all the beaches. There are good schools both north and south. Which hospital will you be working at, Flinders or RAH?

I live in Hallett Cove and I'm a big fan of the southern suburbs. Have a good look round HC, Woodcroft, Reynella, Flagstaff Hill and Happy Valley, they maybe what you are after.

Best of luck and well done on the visa!!!!!

Judi x:wubclub:

Guest almost there

Thank you for all your replies. Roo 1 I have looked at some of the areas you mentioned and they look lovely. Can you name some good schools (both primary and high) please so that I can check them out on the internet. Also what are the local hospitals or hospices around this area, ideally I would only want to travel about 20mins max by car. Thanks

Hi

Love to say well done ??? (but you did not tell us your name)

Anyway, we are very pleased to hear they are still handing out visa's as we are still waiting after 15 months. we are stuck in the capital investment mess up, so we have learnt to be VERY patient.

Adelaide is great.

We went out in Oct last year. Fabulous place, but we agree with the comments to your thread, you must make the choice for yourself. Rent first then decide ...

Good luck and mayby one day we too will join you in Adelaide

Cheers

Rory & Fiona

noarlunga hospital is based in the south otherwise nearest one will be flinders medical center or flinders private (next door) which is 35 mins ish from me in seaford, RAH , ashford etc much further out. Depends what type of nursing job you want really. Try and have good look around when you get here and then make your mind up. We came with preconceived ideas about certain areas but they were not for us. Always best to see for yourself as what i like may not be your preference etc, hope that makes sense.

( there are hundreds of suburbs out there especially down south, i really like mcclaren vale, old noarlunga, port noarlunga and christies beach for eg but no-one ever mentions it on here as some parts have trust housing (christies beach) but most of its been bought up now!)