Schooling in port Noarlunga South

Guest albie2008

Guest albie2008

Can anybody help us? Our family has just been granted our 175 visa and we really fancy settling in the Port Noarlunga/Seaford area(we have to be in Australia by the 22nd of sept 2009. We have been looking for schools in the area and found seaford K-7 has anyone got children attending this school and do they enjoy it? Our daughter who is nine would love to find out if it is good and if there are other British children there. thanks Swifty and kay

Hi I have two children that are at the school, one in kindy and one in a year 2. Its a small school with about 220 pupils and although there aren't loads of british kids there, the numbers are increasing. We have been really pleased with the school, find all the teachers great, very approachable and my eldest who was struggling when we first arrived has come on in leaps and bounds since he started there. He had extra lessons 1:2 for 6 months when they realised that he needed a bit more help and is where he should be now. There are lots of extra curricular activities - such as soccer, chess club, music lessons, netball, cricket. The children are very polite and well behaved, one child will insist on calling me Mrs ........... and I find myself turning around looking for my MIL. There are a few posters on here whose children go there (along with mine) try sending a pm to Jen and Ian, Paula and Adrian and Cunnah 10 to name a few.

Can anybody help us? Our family has just been granted our 175 visa and we really fancy settling in the Port Noarlunga/Seaford area(we have to be in Australia by the 22nd of sept 2009. We have been looking for schools in the area and found seaford K-7 has anyone got children attending this school and do they enjoy it? Our daughter who is nine would love to find out if it is good and if there are other British children there. thanks Swifty and kay

We are a bit futher up in Seaford and have our 2 kids in Moana Primary our daughter is in year 6 when she goes back and lil man will start in reception proper when they go back on the 27th Jan.

Moana school have been great, teachers great, all good.

Would reccomend it...........but do take a look around as everyone has different tastes and ideals you know.

Guest Cunnah97

Hi Cunnah10 here....i can't get on my own account so using cunnah97 now which is my sons account....As lindsey said Seaford K-7 is a great school.....i have 3 children in the school and another in the kindy(although we live in Aldinga Beach....i drive them to Seaford k-7 back and forth each day because the school is so good)My children are aged 11,9,8 and 4 and they are "all" very happy in the school and doing really well.

Regards

Gill

we have two girls aged 9 and 10 who both go to seaford too, and they love it, teachers are real nice, they both settled really well and love going every day, so much so on sports day it was rained off in the afternoon and they could have come home early with us but they both chose to stay in school cos they was painting and really wanted to stay and do it. They are great at letting you know if theres any probs and really do keep you well informed how your kids are doing.

Probably best to go have a look round when u get here and see what you think, a personal visit i think is the best way to go,only you will know if it feels right for your kids

Dawn x