PIA in Glenelg

scooterdan

Great idea! Thats a week after we arrive and our rentals across road! Bring your unwanted household items! Ha ha party in our empty apartment anyone? Look forward to meeting you all xx:jiggy:

Hey Guys,

Thought i'd put a post on.....

Anyone fancy a meet up in Glenelg on the 9th Oct.

Watermark start at around 7pm.......could always move on afterwards!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ste and cheryl

Heyyy,

We arrived last Monday and would love to attend and meet you all ! Esp Janmoo who we've been speaking to alot in the UK (sorry haven't updated you yet guys)

Ste & Cheryl

Heyyy,

We arrived last Monday and would love to attend and meet you all ! Esp Janmoo who we've been speaking to alot in the UK (sorry haven't updated you yet guys)

Ste & Cheryl

No problemo guyd great to hear you arrived safely! We will be at the meet and we will be living across the road! Glad you like glenelg! We love it too cant wait to me you and all the other members xxx

Guest ste and cheryl
We have also just arrived and living in Glenelg, would love to attend but we are renewing our wedding vows that day, let me know if another date is arrange later.

Awww, that's lovely ! Have a lovely day guys :cute: and hope to see you at a get together soon x

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me maing you but just a quick question or two. My wife, three year old daughter and I are emigrating next year to Adelaide - sooner the better!!

We are all visiting in November (mid month) can you tell me will it be beach weather in Glenelg - what sort of temperature will it be?

What is the public transport like in Adelaide?

Where's best in Glenelg for the family - foot, entertainment, fact finding, beach, etc, etc.

Any replyy(s) will be really appreciated.

Mant Thanks

Nige (The Hoys)

Guest janmoo
Quick bump for this....

Next Saturday Night 9th October.....

From 7pm in The Watermark, Glenelg!

Hope to see some newcomers there!

Dan

I will be there and im a newcomer! Will scooterdan be coming on his scooter? Ha ha lookin forward to meetin you all at last loads to tell ya all some funny some not xxx but hey im livin the dream and not all dreams are good ones lol !

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me maing you but just a quick question or two. My wife, three year old daughter and I are emigrating next year to Adelaide - sooner the better!!

We are all visiting in November (mid month) can you tell me will it be beach weather in Glenelg - what sort of temperature will it be?

What is the public transport like in Adelaide?

Where's best in Glenelg for the family - foot, entertainment, fact finding, beach, etc, etc.

Any replyy(s) will be really appreciated.

Mant Thanks

Nige (The Hoys)

Its a lovely suburb. My MIL lives there and we stay there when visiting home.

It'll be warm for sure. Its not quite full on summer but not far off. I'd expect it to be 25C at least. If not warmer.

I personally find the public transport to be good. There is a tram from Glenelg into the city centre on a regular basis which is handy.

There is the main street, Jetty Road in Glenelg with all the shops and stuff. The beach is lovely, there is a water slide place (forget the name) just a stones throw from the beach. Also a play park near the ship restaurant (forget the name of it now). Also plenty of open spaces, public BBQ sites etc.

Depending on where you are staying exactly there should be a decent play park within walking distance. I know there were two within 10 minutes walk from my MIL's house we used almost daily. Then there are the out of town sights to go so (you know the ones, hug a koala, walk a trail, see Mounty Lofty, visit Hanhdorf or Victor Harbor.

As it is a place where people live its not like its one massive tourist area with clubs, bars etc. Although there are plenty of decent places to eat and drink. I personally enjoy wandering down Jetty road, doing some shopping at the store, having a coffee down near the beach (and the best gelato at one of the cafes in the square there).

I also love Tusmore Park (bit of a drive but very worth it if you have young kids) as it has a covered paddling pool (my 2 year old son loved it), a play park and we had a big family BBQ there when we were over in April. Easy to spend an afternoon there.

Hi Guys,

I'm unfortunately not feeling well today so I will be missing tonights drinks in Glenelg... we'll hope to see everyone next time there's a meet up!

Alex

Guest guest4829
I'll be there by around 7ish, will be coming on my own so try an make it obvious to find you!!

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

Nice meeting up with you tonight - hope all goes well in the new job.

Dan - thanks for organising everything, maybe see you again some time!!

Daniel