anyone fancy a beer tonight?

Guest andrew_obrien

Guest andrew_obrien

Hi all just got to Glenelg on Friday and wondering if anyone fancies a beer or somethig as i am on my own.

PM if you fancy doing something tonight or tomorrow

Guest majortom

Im in the same boat as you Andrew, my wife left last Saturday to spend 3 months in the UK, so Im on me jack jones too.... :sad:

Shame your all the way down there and Im all the way up here (North East). Hope you get yourself a drinking buddie, Im sure you will.

Good Luck

Jim

Guest andrew_obrien
Hey mate,

Cant do tonight....but may be able to have a beer tomorrow sometime!!

Dan

That would be great Dan

my mob number is 0412116737

If you fancy texting me and we can meet up.

cheers for the offer

Guest andrew_obrien
Im in the same boat as you Andrew, my wife left last Saturday to spend 3 months in the UK, so Im on me jack jones too.... :sad:

Shame your all the way down there and Im all the way up here (North East). Hope you get yourself a drinking buddie, Im sure you will.

Good Luck

Jim

How far away is north east? don't mind a bit of a travel for a beer and to meet people better than being here on my own

Guest majortom
How far away is north east? don't mind a bit of a travel for a beer and to meet people better than being here on my own

That's good of you mate, but its a fair old trot to get here from where you are. I just read your post on about being lonely. You've done brilliant to get out here on your own, and its a nightmare going through that visa process.......so be proud of yourself.

You'll soon find a circle of friends here in Adelaide, and this site aint a bad place to start. No its not much fun sitting in front of a computer all day.

the people over here are really friendly and I here that there are a nice few watering holes in your part of the world........get yourself out to one, best therapy going !!!

Guest andrew_obrien
That's good of you mate, but its a fair old trot to get here from where you are. I just read your post on about being lonely. You've done brilliant to get out here on your own, and its a nightmare going through that visa process.......so be proud of yourself.

You'll soon find a circle of friends here in Adelaide, and this site aint a bad place to start. No its not much fun sitting in front of a computer all day.

the people over here are really friendly and I here that there are a nice few watering holes in your part of the world........get yourself out to one, best therapy going !!!

I see no worries m8. I have spoken to a couple of people over here who have been very nice so far just got to get out there and meet people which is the hard part so far just scared i guess.

Thanks for the advice m8

Guest majortom

I bet by the time the next lads meet up is, you'll have found your feet, met some people, and look back at this post with a chuckle.

Guest andrew_obrien
I bet by the time the next lads meet up is, you'll have found your feet, met some people, and look back at this post with a chuckle.

Lets hope so cheers again

Hey check out the Facebook group, Expats in Adelaide. We just had our last monthly meet up Thursday but you're more than welcome next month. I live NE too but am sure if you go for a wander and a pint on your own in Glenelg you might be ok.

Guest andrew_obrien

Just want to say thankyou for everyone offers and advice and thank you to Greg & Danni for taking me out last night and getting me drunk.

Guest caoimhe

We are moving into our new house next week and will be planning a BBQ you are more than welcome to come along if you fancy it. We are in the North but you can crash on the sofa as long as you don't mind my kids:biglaugh:

Guest majortom
We are moving into our new house next week and will be planning a BBQ you are more than welcome to come along if you fancy it. We are in the North but you can crash on the sofa as long as you don't mind my kids:biglaugh:

Can we all come............:biglaugh:

Guest andrew_obrien

Thanks for the offer i might just take you up on that.

If you need any I.T work done for free just let me know so long as im not drunk at the bbq lol.

PM me and ill send you my number

Guest caoimhe
Thanks for the offer i might just take you up on that.

If you need any I.T work done for free just let me know so long as im not drunk at the bbq lol.

PM me and ill send you my number

Well you will have something in common with my O/H....he is an IT engineer;)

Guest andrew_obrien
Well you will have something in common with my O/H....he is an IT engineer;)

Lol same here hope we don't end up boring you with compute talk lol