EX-Pats of Birmingham & Midlands

Guest Brummie Stew

Guest Brummie Stew

The next Birmingham & Midlands UK reunion will be held on;

• Saturday 21st July 2007 THE BRECKNOCK HOTEL 401 King William Street Adelaide
  • 7:00 pm till late

All are welcome and don’t forget to tell your friends! No BYO food or beverage, a wide variety of food & beverage will be available.

The venue is free, by way of a kind gesture from the Hotel Owner/Managers.

Guest Django

Hmmmmmmmmm:confused:

I dunno if its just me but....................

Whats wrong with ex pats from other parts of not only England but of the rest of the UK?? Shouldn't this be a get together of all ex-pats to support each other in their new life? I'm from London and if there was a meet for Ex-Londoners only I would deffo boycott it on the grounds of exclusion. Isn't the idea of moving to a new country to mix with the local society and those also doing the same no matter where they are from?

We have arranged an East-Mid meet (location not people) here but people from all over the country are coming. I wouldn't have it any over way.

Seems a bit like clique culture to me. One of the reasons I'm leaving this country. If its just the same over there I may well look into New Zealand. If the West mids is so great that you need to arrange a special reunion to relive the experience why did you bother moving to Oz in the first place?

This is just an observation and by no means an angry on. Hmmmmmmmm maybe it is just me after all.:confused:

Pete

Guest Django
I should imagine anyone can go Pete:eek:

Not as if theres going to be bouncers on the door checking your accent

Hmmmmmmm maybe I mis read the title :D:D:D

Guest Brummie Stew

Hi Pete

Just a few lines in response to your message..

The invitation does say,… All welcome.

The Birmingham & Midlands Group have been gathering for three years, we are a non-profit making organization of around two hundred people, we do not consider ourselves as exclusive, and do not turn anybody away from our functions.

Unlike many other migrant groups and associations in Adelaide, we only meet a few times year, these occasions are generally free flowing, with our members dictating when and where these functions take place, it’s all very democratic. These occasions are sometimes the only opportunity some people get the chance to talk with somebody from their home City or town. The older members pass on to the younger one’s “regionally specific” tales and stories from the past, friendships are formed and lost friends are found.....the drinks, food, and laughs always make the evening a raving success.

We also provide help to new arrivals in anyway we can, of which this year their has been many….

We can help to provide many services in all area’s.., the other reason for meeting is simple, this is to help ourselves with contacts and networks…. amongst us their are, bricklayers, painters, land agents, winemakers, mechanics, teachers, care workers, nurses, police, academic's, lawyers, boilermakers, arts administrators etc, etc, we even have a butcher, baker, and a candle-stick maker.......

Australia is still the luck country, it has been very good us, and given us wealth and a multicultural lifestyle that some can only dream of, still. It is also this we celebrate, not just being from or having connections with Birmingham and the Midlands.

As for a “clique”……Think what you may……..If you were to attend any of our functions, you would be meet with open arms and gusto, or of course you may want to remain whining, from your computer.

I have noted, that you have created a clique culture of your very own with some 450+ and counting postings on this web-site…..

p.s. On behalf of the Birmingham & Midland Group we wish you well with any investigations in to migrating to New Zealand……

Thank you.

Guest Barlow

Sorry we missed it it was too short notice but please bear us in mid for next time , always looking to meet with fellow midlanders !!!!!!!!

Paula

Guest Django
Sorry we missed it it was too short notice but please bear us in mid for next time , always looking to meet with fellow midlanders !!!!!!!!

Point prooved;):D:D:D

Guest Brummie Stew

Paula

Hi

The next Reunion is on the 10th Nov, 2:00pm until very very late at the Seawall Appartments, Glenelg.

It will be a BYO Drinks and Food event.

Don't forget all are welcome kids especially, and swimwear if you want a dip...

Thanks for the contact

Tarah abit

Stew