Meet up before we go!!

Guest Nikkic

Guest Nikkic

There are a number of families leaving for Adelaide round September time so it might be a good idea to all get together before we get on the plane.

Our two kids are excited but a little nervous about the move so to meet up with some other kids would be great for them.

We spent 3 months in Adelaide over Christmas and my hubby is an Adelaide boy and he is very happy about going "home".

We can bring lots of photo's and Dallas would talk all day about Australia and Adelaide if there were any questions.

A nice kid friendly pub near the M1 might work, any idea's? Sundays would be best for us.

Nikki, Dallas, James (10) & Georgia(8)

Nottingham

Guest bishop3912

Hi we are up for a meet up, we are on of the "gang" taking the Sept plane to Adelaide, we have 4 kiddies aged 7 (soon to be 8!!), 6, 3 and 6 months, currently living in Colchester, Essex. Let us know the best place for a meet up and if not too far, we will defo be there. Good luck all the Sept migrants xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a good idea to us as well. We will be flying out mid to late August. We also have a young family, Ross 10 and Catherine 5 (going on 25), Ross especially is very apprehensive about the move and i am sure meeting kids of his own age to talk with may help. Only problem is we are way up north in Cumbria. However if plans push through keep us posted through forum or PM.

Cheers

Guest Obedoh

Hi

Yes would be good for a meet up. Going out on the 20th. Have 3 excited children Owain 10, Melissa 5 and Dylan 3. We are in Lincoln, so not too far. PM ys with details.

Jackie & Duncan

Guest sue&dave

we're not planning to go out until early next year, But if you don't mind we'd love to meet up as we're in Derby. We have 3 girls 7,3 and 2. Let us know when and where as it will be good to meet up any of you.

Sue

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

we are not going out till Jan but would love to meet up, thats if were welcome we don't have any kid's, only myself and the OH i'm afraid even though he's like a big kid!!!!:biglaugh:

Let us know where and when.

Jo and Tom x

I have to say this is a really good idea. It's too far for us way down here but we have met up with a family in Exeter and it is great to talk about to other people going through the same thing it just feels easier to talk to them for some reason.

Make this happen it is really worth it.

Good luck

Guest Lisado

hi there

we ar eup and down the country on the M1 so let us know where and a date and will try and pop by. We doing goodbyes at the mo!

We have Alex 9 and amelia 5

lisa

Guest ozziespurs

We to would love to try and get together, although very busy at the mo trying to fit in so many goodbye barbies, we're from cambs and fly out of heathrow 29 aug, we have 5 kids, 2 boys 17 and 11, 3 girls 13 and twins 8.

We to are finding things a bit daunting and my 8 year old keeps crying over leaving her favourite auntie.

We have been waiting for this moment so long just couldn't sell house and now we leave in about 8 weeks it still doesn't seem real.

Guest back clan

We fly out on 1st Sept and would be interested in that.

We have Louise 11 and both finish work in acouple of weeks. We live in Brighton but will be up and down the M1 visiting friends and relatives until we sell the car.

Guest willow1234

we would like to meet up with you all,we have 15yr girl and 12yr boy.not quite there yet as we are waiting for visas(last leg thow)where and when let us no!!!!! we are from derbys..deb

Guest Nikkic

Hi guys

How does Sunday the 16th of August sound? I was thinking of somewhere central, there is a pub called the Hobby Horse near Junction 21 of the M1, its on the A26. I have never been there but its got a play area. It might not be that great for the 10+ age group but I am happy for other sugestions. Our 10 and 8 year old are feeling very nervous about leaving friends so to meet up with others that are heading out will be a great help. As I mentioned in the first post, we just spent 3 months in Adelaide over Christmas and my OH is an Adelaide boy and loves the place so he would be happy to answer any questions.

Nikki

Guest Obedoh

Yes we can make it. Is that that off the A46 not 26. Just let usknow a time. We have a 10 year old boy too who is very excited but a bit anxious although he won'd admit to that.

Think it's going to be a bit too far for us, being at the very top of Cumbria. We will have to see how the packing goes as we fly out August 22nd. Still loads to do and with still being at work most has to be done at weekends. What about a meet up in Adelaide early October? Seems like a lot of people should be out by then, should be loads of siutable bars/hotels.

Guest bishop3912

Defo sounds good if we dont get to the UK one will defo be at the Adelaide one. Good luck to all of us who are moving Aug/Sept etc xxxxx

Guest ozziespurs

Hi

Sorry won't be able to make the 16th august, having leavers party on the 15th, but would defo be up for meet up when we all arrive in adelaide.

Guest Nikkic

Hi guys

I have called the Hobby Horse and they are able to cater to a group on Sunday the 16th of August. It's got a play area for the kids and the food is quite good. I have made a booking for around 2pm. We will be there and will bring some maps and photo's of Adelaide and will be happy to answer any questions about Adelaide and South Australia. As I mentioned before my OH is a very proud Adelaidian! The pub is on the A46 just out of Leicester towards Nottingham. The code is LE7 1BA.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow PIA members and really looking forward to the kids meeting up and getting some friends to share this awesome adventure.

Nikki

Dallas (40) James (10) Georgia (8)