Could be happier, in Happy Valley!

Guest Carla

Guest Carla

My name is Carla and I've been living in Happy Valley for the last year - originally from North London (arrived in Adelaide Sept '07). My other half is an Ozzie but he had lived in the UK for 10 years and we decided to move to Adelaide with our 4 month old daughter, Daisy. She is now 2 and I recently gave birth to her little brother Dylan who is now 7 months.

I would LOVE to meet other British mums locally to me, preferably with young children, for coffee's, fun on the beach and at playhouse cafe's, and anywhere else this crazy trip of motherhood may take us. Also very interested in some nights out without the offspring!

Best days for me are Monday afternoons and anytime Tuesdays or Thursdays. Can do any night when it comes to a night out!!

Look forward to hearing from you!!

:v_SPIN:

Guest Trakki

Hi and welcome to PIA. I have 2 little ones at home also 2 at school but Niamh is 3 and Joe 2 in a week I am also pregnant and due in 6 weeks so would happily meet up, you will be able to give me ideas on places to take them. We have been here 10 months. I live in Woodcroft.

Guest Carla

Hi Tracey,

Great to hear from you! Wow - big family! I take my hat off to you! While I love my 2 being so close in age, it's also really hard sometimes, so think I may stop at 2!

What days' are good for you? Tues and Thurs are best for us - maybe we could try the Playhouse Cafe at Christies' Beach (on Beach Road). Not sure if you've been there before, but it's great for if the weathers' naff. Loads of indoor play equipment, a cafe for us mums' and a big space to sit down and relax while the kids play. I think it costs $6.50 for each child over 12 months.

Otherwise there's the Little Footprints Cafe at Aberfoyle Hub (in the Salvation Army building), which is kind of the same thing as above, only a smaller version. They're open til 2.30pm on a Tues and 4.30pm on a Thurs.

What do you think?

:)