Arriving in Noarlunga 17th August - 2 jetlagged grown ups and an excited 4-year old

Can't believe we'll finally be in Australia in less than 4 weeks!

Only two more days at work for me (which is really dragging, hence the forum posting), then a final clean up off our rental house in Manchester, 2 weeks on Anglesey with family, then it's only 3 plane rides to get to Adelaide.

We've got 4 weeks in Port Nparlunga, 4 weeks in Morphett Vale, then after that who knows - we'll be doing plenty of exploring of the different suburbs to decide where we really want to settle. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Hopefully will catch up with a lot of you soon.

Guest allie

Hi :)

I know exactly how you feel as we are heading out the week after you! It is sooo exciting and I cant wait....although the thought of the longgg flight is not so nice! We have our 3 month rental org for South Brighton :)

Good luck with it all - m so jealous that you get to go a week earlier!

Allie x

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Cat, We have been here 4 weeks , just settling down now, Charlotte's (8) & Jack (3) are in schools . Did make a couple of mistakes, I cancelled my credit card in England, so could not rent a car at the airport , and I wished I applied for our tax file number whilst still in England , It takes 28 days otherwise!. The weather has been pants , and I hope I don't get told again that it is the most rain here in 2 decades. As for family back in England , get yourself a aussie phone card $30-00 and you can phone England ( land line ) for 1450 mins , even my Mrs has not used one card yet ! . If you guys want to meet up get in touch , we are 5mins away in Seaford . Have a good flight if that is possible ! . ATB Paul .

Hi Cat, We have been here 4 weeks , just settling down now, Charlotte's (8) & Jack (3) are in schools . Did make a couple of mistakes, I cancelled my credit card in England, so could not rent a car at the airport , and I wished I applied for our tax file number whilst still in England , It takes 28 days otherwise!. The weather has been pants , and I hope I don't get told again that it is the most rain here in 2 decades. As for family back in England , get yourself a aussie phone card $30-00 and you can phone England ( land line ) for 1450 mins , even my Mrs has not used one card yet ! . If you guys want to meet up get in touch , we are 5mins away in Seaford . Have a good flight if that is possible ! . ATB Paul .
It may have changed by now, but i thought I done my TFN online and got it straight away!. Maybe a more newey than me can confirm this;)

Woohoo more newbies....its great....takes me back to our days when we wee looking forward to coming here and that was nearly 18months ago...oh how time flies here and its all good.

OK some it may be a bit hard and tough at times but its how you deal with them that matters, and shapes your future, make good friends as soon as you can this most deffo helps alot.!!!

Any help or advice can be found on here....

Catch you soon

HG

Guest Sharon and Paul
It may have changed by now, but i thought I done my TFN online and got it straight away!. Maybe a more newey than me can confirm this;)

We did ours on line 2nd july phoned them back on 4th Aug asked where is my tax file no, The women on the other end asked me when did we apply? i told her, she then started to count ( I kid you not!) on her fingers , anyway they lost it , so i re-submittded the form . I phoned back after lunch , got put through to another dept , put on hold for 10 mins then ended up back on first page of the answering call. As you could imagine i was getting p..... off . In the end I spoke to another person, and they done it for me , and gave me my tfn. :arghh::arghh:

Guest graandjac

You can do your TFN online it take 2-4 weeks to come through by post but when you have done the forms online , its on the screen so you can write it down to use straight away.

You can do your TFN online it take 2-4 weeks to come through by post but when you have done the forms online , its on the screen so you can write it down to use straight away.
Now thats how I done it:biglaugh:. Memory fading, must be getting on a bit:err:

Well we made it here - I'm typing this from Port Noarlunga. Arrived 7am, showered, headed to the Colonnades to sort out banks and medicare, then wandered back to get our bearings and a few essential bits and pieces from Woolworths. All goes a bit hazy after that as we all crashed out - and now i've woken up but realise that i need go back to bed soon or I'll sleep for the next 48 hours straight. Just need to order those tax numbers....

Tomorrow 's tasks are hire car pickup, driving licences and a bigger supermarket shop. Then the beach if we're still awake!

Will be in touch with those of you who fancy a meet up over the next few days - promise!

Well we made it here - I'm typing this from Port Noarlunga. Arrived 7am, showered, headed to the Colonnades to sort out banks and medicare, then wandered back to get our bearings and a few essential bits and pieces from Woolworths. All goes a bit hazy after that as we all crashed out - and now i've woken up but realise that i need go back to bed soon or I'll sleep for the next 48 hours straight. Just need to order those tax numbers....

Tomorrow 's tasks are hire car pickup, driving licences and a bigger supermarket shop. Then the beach if we're still awake!

Will be in touch with those of you who fancy a meet up over the next few days - promise!

Hello,

Welcome to Adelaide. I know what you mean about the fuzziness.It all feels so surreal at first in a good way though but never felt jet lag like it before our flight here just over a year ago now. I am always up for a coffee:) in between all my jobs:sad:!

Enjoy the sunshine. it will only get warmer

kath x

Guest guest3462

Hi I have pm'd you

JC xxx:wubclub:

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your lives....

Just give a shout should you need any help or info.

HG

Hi :)

I know exactly how you feel as we are heading out the week after you! It is sooo exciting and I cant wait....although the thought of the longgg flight is not so nice! We have our 3 month rental org for South Brighton :)

Good luck with it all - m so jealous that you get to go a week earlier!

Allie x

Not long for you guys now - South Brighton looked lovely yesterday when we drove through it. Going to check it out this aftrenoon as a possible long term rental area!

Catrin