Any1 fancy playing footy (SOCCER) on a Wednesday Night

Guest Toby

Hi, i play on a wednesday evening at Modbury Jets ground, kick off 7.30 - 7.50pm (depending on when we get enough to start the game) and finish at 9pm, it is supposed to be an over 35s kick about but is really open to any age, we have lads as young as 16 and guys nearly 70 playing each week, so age is not a barrier. We are looking to increase the numbers and wondered whether any one on here fancys it. It is played in a friendly manner, no sliding tackles (none of us can afford to take time off work through injury!!!), although scores are kept it is more for the taking of the pee after the game in the bar. We are not looking for people who have loads of skill on the ball its more for having a good game on the pitch and a few laughs along the way and it only costs $3 each time you play, Oh i nearly forgot the most important part, at the end of the game the bar is opened by the lovely sam whom will quite happily keep filling you up. We have a quiz each week which is set by the our very quiz veteran, Dave, you will probably remember him from his stint on the television programme "jepardy" where he came 2nd, the quiz is normally adelaide or australia based (last nights quiz were photos of 16 boozers in and around adelaide and u had to name them and the suburb they were in in) and is usually very easy so even i get quite a few right, and ive only been in the country 8 months and the winner wins a cash prize. Not only do we have televison stars we also have an ex england player, all be it at school boys level but hey we have to try and brag about some of our better quality players. All the lads are great to get on with and come from all diffrent backgrounds so you now have no excuse to have a kickabout. If you want any more info either email or pm me and i will be glad to help.

Cheers Toby

Hope to see you 2 in a couple of weeks then, we have 1 lad who is going to start coming from flagstaff hill which is miles away but he cant wait to get playing again. you could always organise taking it in turns to drive if you end up that far out. but the northeast is a much nicer place to live and very close to the adelaide hills (OOOOhhhh the wine!!!!!) and a few good boozers aswell. Let me now when you have arrived and settled and lets see if we can get you there 1 wednesday.

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Definately be up for it mate, sounds exactly what I want as I was doing the same in the uk and I need to loose this exra weight due to Oz beer :-)

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi Toby

I plan on coming along this week. i take it it's the grass pitch on Milne Road therefore studs are required. Do any partners join you for the drinks/quiz as Rach may come along too.

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Had a great time, thanks for making us so welcome, can't wait for next wednesday.

P.s. What was the website Dave was on about ? can't seem to find it

From Diane's OH... Well I went alongon Wednesday and had a great time thanks to Toby (Dave), Watsy, Colin, Longy, the other Dave and all the others who's names I can't recall just now. Also met up with Jeff. Am a bit stiff in the legs today but hopefully that will wear off by next week for the return match. If anyone else has been toying with the idea of going along then I would encourage you to do so as this is a very easy going bunch of guys who just enjoy a run around and a bit of friendly (mostly) banter. Even though I sadly lack any kind of grace, poise or skill I was still made to feel welcome and given plenty of free advice that will in time I am sure improve my game...and the beer afterwards made all the pain just fade away...

See some of you next week hopefully

Cheers Ian

We have just been informed that there is going to be 2 cup finals played on the pitch tonight so we wont be able to play, however, we will definately be playing again next wedneday, meet up at 7.30pm, hope to see a few more there. A special thanks goes to Jeff (of Rachel and Jeff) and Ian (OH of Dianne) for turning up and fitting in so well.

thanks.

Dave

Guest squeaky

I'd certainly be interested in a kick around if anyone knows if this is still on, or if anything near to Seaford. Looking for regular footie to ease the UK withdrawal symptoms.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest Jp.Smith42

Is this Wednesday night footie still happening ? I've been waiting for something like this for ages.....although I could be regretting that on a Thursday.

Guest dave bobb

hi Toby

I've been in Adelaide now for four weeks and just getting sorted out, sounds like fun although have not played for a long time. I would like to come this Wednesday if it is on. You said it is at Modbury Jets ground, is that easy to find.

Dave already here,

and going back in November to bring out Helen, James (6) and Amy (4)

Guest tommyguns

Hi folks. Bit of a long shot but don't suppose any of the players live near the glenelg/glengowrie area?? would love to play but no car and a bit far.

cheers

Tom

• 5 months later...