Meet-up in Northamptonshire and surrounding.

ischa

Hi All,

If all goes to plan we will be moving to Adelaide early next year, and thought it would be nice to meet others in the same boat. Not only to share stories, but hopefully have a few familiar faces when we settle on the other side.

We live in Northampton, and as a starting point would like to suggest the The Quays pub at Billing Aquadrome, it’s got a play area and is very family friendly. We have a little two year old and know how hard it is to find a place where you feel comfortable taking kids.

Again, as a starting point, herewith a few dates and times to consider:

5th or 6th Sept – meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

12th or 13th Sept - meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

Please let me know if you interested or like to suggest any other dates or places. Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing stories.

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/- Directions to Billing Aquadrome the pub is on your left before entering the site.

Byron (35), Lindi (33) and Kieran (2)

Visa submitted 2/8/09 - now the waiting game

Guest guest569

Sorry won't be able to make it as been in oz for almost 4 years. Nice to see people from the old haunts though. I'm from bedford and spent loads of time at Billing Aquadrome as my mum had a static van there.Some good memories !!!:notworthy:

Guest purplelynz

Hi

It'd be really nice to meet you guys if you still wanna meet people. I'm Lynsey 27, my husband is Mick 33 and we have 3 kids Chloe 7, Connor 5 and Warren 6 months. We live in Rushden so not far from Billing.

We are hopefully goin next yr at sum point, i qualify as nurse in feb so will fill paperwork out then. The 5th or 6th Sept is great for us so hope to hear from you soon

Guest spannaelephant

Hi, would love to join you also, but we've been here since end of Feb, used to live on Grange Park just up the dual carridgeway and frequented the place with my two boys and their friends.....................have a good one, and good luck with the move, Anna x

Hi All,

If all goes to plan we will be moving to Adelaide early next year, and thought it would be nice to meet others in the same boat. Not only to share stories, but hopefully have a few familiar faces when we settle on the other side.

We live in Northampton, and as a starting point would like to suggest the The Quays pub at Billing Aquadrome, it’s got a play area and is very family friendly. We have a little two year old and know how hard it is to find a place where you feel comfortable taking kids.

5th or 6th Sept – meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

12th or 13th Sept - meet at 12pm (can have lunch and go up stairs for the kids to play)

Please let me know if you interested or like to suggest any other dates or places. Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing stories.

http://www.billingaquadrome.com/- Directions to Billing Aquadrome the pub is on your left before entering the site.

Guest The smiths

Yeah, would love too, unfortunately we can’t do the 5th or 6th, so if you could all hold on till the following weekend we would really appreciate it. The venue sound's ideal. We're in Milton Keynes and have flights booked for November. We have a little boy aged 2 and a bit and a babe in arms so too meet fellow travellers in similar circumstances would be fantastic. Clearly if you can’t reschedule then perhaps do another one different day as well? Cheers.

Guest Admar72

Hi, Lindi your meet up sounds like a perfect venue we are in Milton Keynes so only up the m1 for us pm us on what date you work out with everyone. Our young ones are not so young now but hey it will be nice to meet up and talk adelaide like you said it will be nice to see familiar faces down under.Im Adam (37) Maria (37) Kids/adults Carl (20) Jordanne (17)

Hi All,

We have flights booked in January, and would love to meet up also, we can't do 5thbut any of the other dates is fine with us

Hi All,

Thanks for all the positive replies - looks like most can meet on Sunday the 13th Sept. So if we fix that date and I'll book a table.

Shall we say we book the table from 12pm, we can have lunch and then move to the play area.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. If you have any questions pls send me a PM.

If anyone else wants to join us, it's no problem I'll just add you to the booking.

Lindi, Byron and Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

Just to confirm we meeting this Sunday, 13th Sep at 12pm at The Quays, Northampton. (directions in my original message).

I just called the pub and they don't take bookings on a weekend, but the manager said if I'm there before 12pm he will put a table aside for us. So I will make sure we there before the time and we have a table or two !

I will make sure the bar staff know where to find us, the table will be under Lindi Airey.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Take care,

Lindi, Byron and Kieran

Guest duncans

Hiya,

We might be able to make it as well. We have got our sponsorship and will be looking to go next summer when the kids finish school (Harry 7 and Sebb 4).

We live in Essex so a bit of a way away but it would be great to meet others in the same boat. Currently trying to see if I can re-arrange what we are meant to be doing on that day.

Will let you know by this weekend

Graeme and Kirsty (35)

Guys, sorry but we are not going to be able to make it. I have just landed back in the Uk from the US (work) and will not be ready to drive up tomorrow. I am gutted as it would have been great to meet you all but you have a good get together without us and hopefully we can arrange another before we all leave