Teen meetup

Rachiegarlo

Would you teenagers like a meetup organised?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you teenagers like a meetup organised?

• Yes thanks
    • No.

Ok folks

there are regular meetups organised for the adults so haveing seen quite a few teen wanting to meet others on here I am hoping one of you with teenage kids would be happy to organise a meetup for the teens. I would but my daughters would roll their eyes at my good work attempts having grown up here etc. Perhaps a poll on whether an activity or a beach/bbq is what they would like. It can be hard for the older teens to meet people as a lot of the local variety although friendly have their own busy lives with friends, work, schoool etc.

Anyone care to be an event organiser for this group, you can be a teen yourself.

Perhaps start off by having a thread asking for ideas, once you settle on what to do find a date , then put it on here and encourage people to state whether they are coming to give you ideas of numbers. If anyone else is interested in helping then it gets easier. Get everyone to bring food or whatever, you just need to get the ball rolling really, you don't need to coordinate the whole thing.

Hi

I have three boys 18, 15 and 11. What the 18 year old and his friend do is all bring their own food and drink and meet at each other's houses. It works out we have them here about every 12 weeks. They go to each others houses due to the weather. But I would think over there if you mentioned a couple of places to meet where there is outside bbq it would be fine. Then all everyone needs to do is decided on the place to meet. We are coming over 24th Nov 09 I know my lads would be interested in a meet up.

Hope this helps Janine

• 4 weeks later...
Guest everhopeful

Hi I'm 18 and my mum has just moved here, I would like to meet some people my own age as I am going to be here for a while and I haven't done that much since I've been here. My name is Samantha and if there are older teens meeting up I would be happy to come along

My son is 14 and would probably like to have a meet up with others too. we had a meet up last weekend in Kingston Park. They have free bbq's there and all the hubbies and kids played footie. Beach is there too. Would be good for the teens to maybe meet there and do something similar?????????. What about a Sunday from say 3pm - onwards or something?

My boy is 14 in Feb and is deperate for some good company. We've been here a month and he has no one at all at the mo. MelR - where are you based ?

We are in Port Noarlunga at the mo, but we have a Long term rental in Hallett Cove that we are just getting ready to move into. Charlie is starting at Hallett Cove R-12 on Monday.

Mx

The Kingston Park idea sounds good, where is that exactly ? Would that be Sun 18/10 ?

18th is not good for us, how about the one after (25th)? Harry is at footie trials but I can drop Charlie off. If you want to do nearer, how about down by the beach at Hallett Cove. The park area there has public barbeques.

Mx

hi i have 14 year old son skater kid we live north east of adelaide is there any kids this way that need mates he goes to the golden grove skate park on weekends think he might kill me for requesting friends for him as he thinks he is soooooo cool but mum knows best also got two girls aged 11 and 9 older one dead girly younger one tomboy any girls looking for friends giz a shout :wubclub:

• 1 month later...
Guest Miss-Wales1987

Hi everyone. Wow, finally a post with people around my own age! I'm Taryn, 21 and I am originally from South Wales =) 22 this month!

I moved to Adelaide last Dec and I am also trying to meet new people here. I have a friend Ryan who is out from Wales too who is also 21. He is here on a year Visa, but has just got a job with his trade in Lonsdale and is hoping to get spons.. I moved out here with my family and am now a Perm Resident. We live in Moana Heights. If anyone is interested, we would love to meet up. We are both very social and out-going, love life and we are wanting to meet like minded people.

Hope to hear from someone soon =)