anyone know of any netball / football teams etc down south that want bew members?!?!

Guest seekingsunshine

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi :) (thats meant to be NEW not BEW!!!! lol)

was wondering if anyone knew of any netball teams south of the city that have spare places?

I'm moving to noarlunga downs next week.

havent played netball for years but i want to be a bit more active! and would like to meet more people!

also my husband is interested in any football teams about, or rugby? he's also keen to have a go at Ausee Rules!

would love to hear from anyone with any suggestions/information!

thanks

Hels x

Hi - My husband plays 5 a side footy on a tuesday night at the Seaford Rec - hes always looking for extra players....also I know they play footy at the Noarlunga Rec as well.

Same goes for netball - Noarlunga and Seaford rise both do it.......only, be careful - I decided to play netball after enjoying it at school - and on my first game - I broke my foot, had to have a operation and ended up in plaster and wheelchair for 8 weeks!

Hope this helps

sarahx

sarahx

Guest seekingsunshine

thanks for the info sarah! cant believe you broke your foot at the first game!!! have you been back since?! wouldnt blame you if you decided not to risk it! :) do i just contact leisure centres at noarlunga and seaford to find out if theres a team to join?

matt is very interested in the football - do you have details as to time/place? he's also insisting i state that he has not played for two years!

many thanks!

Guest kellyp

Hi

I play at Noarlunga Leisure Centre and have seen notices pinned on the board for teams wanting players and players wanting teams. Games take place on Monday and Wednesday. The new season starts a week on Monday.

The rugby season is finished now for both league and union but my son plays both so have contacts at clubs for next season if you want them. Has your hubby thought about Tag Rugby. Its popular here during the summer months as it Touch Football. We will be submitting a team into a local competition if he's interested.

Best wishes

Kelly

Guest seekingsunshine

andy, if you hear anything about the football please can you let me know as Matt (husband) is very interested in joining up too, and sheading a few unwanted pounds lol!

Guest TheTodds

Hi Helen

I'd love to get into netball too so let me know if you decide to try anything and I'll come. I'm in Hallett Cove so not far from you and been here 2 weeks today.

There is netball advertised near here - on main road - cove netball. Not had chance to look into it yet but will try in next week or so.

Have a good weekend.

Helen.

Guest UzinOz

I play at Noarlung on Monday nights (with KellyP) as Kelly said they play evenings and also mornings if that suits, Nats on here plays in the morning and her team are usually looking for players, you should contact the leisure centre as they will try to get you into a team.

Sarah, I think I was there that night you broke your ankle, hope it's doing OK now.

Good Luck

Jackie

Guest seekingsunshine

thanks for all the info! helen i will pop into noarlunga leisure centre on mon/tues and find out some information about places available and i will let you know any information i find out :)

have you guys secured a rental in hallet cove?

thanks jackie and kelly for all the info! does anyone know if theres a creche at noarlunga? i'd be able to play mornings or evenings

will post any information i find out!

Guest TheTodds

Hi Helen

We have arental from 26th Oct for 6 months just off the Cove Road. We are currently in one of Judi's places (Roo Rentals).

All going well so far but really need to get doing some exercise and meeting people!

Helen.

thanks for all the info! helen i will pop into noarlunga leisure centre on mon/tues and find out some information about places available and i will let you know any information i find out :)

have you guys secured a rental in hallet cove?

thanks jackie and kelly for all the info! does anyone know if theres a creche at noarlunga? i'd be able to play mornings or evenings

will post any information i find out!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TheTodds

I currently play netball at Marion Leisure Centre on a Tuesday night. Earliest game is 6.30pm and latest is 9.50pm with various times in between. Games are 40 minutes long. We are always looking for players to fill in for weeks when we are short.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will pass your details onto our captain.

Thanks, Helen.