Reckie from 10th Nov 08

Guest Dean

Hi Guys / Gals,

My wife and I are planning a reckie from the 10th Nov for 12 days. During our stay we would love to have a beer / chat with any willing volunteers from the forum. Hopefully Adelaide will be the place for us, it would ceratinly appear so after reading so many positive posts, but we thought we better fly over and tour a number of areas just to make sure.

Anyway, no pressure, but if you fancy a get together, please let me know.

Cheers

Dean

Guest massive

hi donna just having my now daily look at the forum and noticed you're in hallett cove we are thinking about this area how are you finding it are the houses a nice as they seem on the real estate sites. Our other main concern is school our daughter will be 10 and our son 3 when we arrive next summer any help would be great. Ste's got a friend who lives on the cove road but the kids have left school so couldnt really help although they did go to hallett cove school

thanks Debbie (Mrs Massive)

Guest jen&ian

Hi Dean,

We will have been in Adelaide for a whole week by then!:biglaugh:We don't mind meeting up as long as we've recovered from the jet lag or we might be falling :SLEEP:mid sentence.

Jen:)

Guest donna T

Hi Debbie

Hallett Cove is lovely and some of the houses are gorgeous and some are a bit shabby - just like anywhere else I guess.

We didn't plan on living here at all, in fact we looked at just about every other suburb before looking at HC and just loved it. It is quite hilly but that gives a sea view around every corner. My son is 5 and goes to Hallett Cove East which is lovely and he has come on a lot since he has been there.

The R-12 is bigger and takes the children all the way through until they are 17 ish but it was too big for me as Josh had gone to a school with only 90 pupils in it before we left UK.

When you get here - come for a coffee or a glass of wine and have a look around. If you have any questions, let me know.

Good luck!

Donnax

When

hi donna just having my now daily look at the forum and noticed you're in hallett cove we are thinking about this area how are you finding it are the houses a nice as they seem on the real estate sites. Our other main concern is school our daughter will be 10 and our son 3 when we arrive next summer any help would be great. Ste's got a friend who lives on the cove road but the kids have left school so couldnt really help although they did go to hallett cove school

thanks Debbie (Mrs Massive)

Guest gragrax2

we are also coming over for a look around. we are hoping to come across from 27th Sept till 12th Oct. Just in time for the kids to have a weeks break from school.

does anyone have a nice 3 bed rental available for this period? i have checked roos and unfortunately it is booked (Morphett Vale where we are looking so would have been perfect)

cheers

Guest sarahsmartiepants

:confused:Dean are you coming this nov or next nov ? Your post said nov 08, I just got up and now think I have been asleep for a verrrrrrry long time!!!:biglaugh:

Anyway, I am in Hallett cove and ditto what Donna said. My two are big kids, but dont go to school in Hallett Cove, they would have done if they were littlies. I have lots of friends whose kids go to H-C east, they all love it.

sarah

• 2 weeks later...

hi we have lived over here for 11 years and love it! would love to meet up and give you as much info as i can- have lived 'down south' all the time, mclaren vale and now moana might be able to help you with finding accom and transport.The beach life is for us but there are nice areas in the adelaide hills, although it does get cold up there in the winter -yes it does get cold!!!

good luck cheers wendy

Can't wait for the holiday now...VISA has just gone in so need a good holiday in Aus to get me through the next 6 months!

Look forward in meeting you all when we arrive in early Nov

Dean

• 2 months later...

Hi Everybody,

We will be arriving in sunny Adelaide this Sunday...(11th Nov 07)

If anybody has any free time and wants to meet up for a couple of shandys, then can you send me a PM or post your responses here.

The more the merrier!!!

Clare and I will hopefully see some of you soon!

:jiggy:

Guest graandjac

Dean if you get a few hours to spare pop to Old Noarlunga, park up by the river and wander into the reserve behind you, cross the bridge for a walk and you might find a koala or Roo, as we did the view from the top of the hill is just fab, Cant wait to get there for real . enjoy Cheers Graham

:goofy::goofy:

OK, I think we are now over the jetlag!

We are staying in the CBD but using local transport to travel around, which is interesting in itself..

If you want to meet, let us know when you are free and we can catch up..

Cheers

Dean and Clare