Meet

Guest paulocon

Hi Lindsey and Andy

Yes it would be a good idea to meet up. If you want to organise something we would be pleased to go along with it.

We just can't wait to go now, especially now that the cold weather has arrived. After looking at other peoples experiences it looks like it could be about July before we get our visa. Then we have to put our house up for sale and wait for it to sell. Houses are selling quickly in our area so hopefully we could be in Australia by September.

Keep in touch.

Paula and Adrian

Hi there

I am a midwife and Andy is a nurse - we are applying under Andy's skills - 136 modl. We too are looking at Seaford Rise. I have a friend in Adelaide - also a midwife who has just bought a plot of land - $95,000 in Mount Barker. I am going to keep an open mind about areas though until we get there.

Shall we arrange a meet in early March sometime or end of February? :idea:

Lindsey

Guest paulocon

Hi, yes no worries - if you organise it with Andy and Lyndsey as well - we will go along with what ever you sort out!!!!

Have you both been watching Wanted Down Under??

Paul

Guest Guest75
You could arrange a meet up in Belair National Park - its lovely there and there is an adventure playground for the kiddies and also bbq facilities and shelters in case of rain.

If you plan to arrange a meet in winter, there is Fresh Choice restaurant not far from Marion Shopping Centre. You book a table say of 20 people but you won't get charged if that many don't turn up. Its an all you can eat restaurant and they don't rush to get you out of the door.

I'll agree on Belair - an excellent place to meet up.Not too bad in Winter as long as it's not raining.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachel & Paul
Hi Paul

Yes we have been watching Wanted Down Under. We have watched every episode. Adelaide looks really nice doesn't it? It just makes us want to get there asap.

Paula

Then whats stopping you? See you out here soon for a BBQ and a beer or 7.

You wont be disapointed with Adelaide, we wouldnt change it for anywhere else, we are happy here. I could rabbit on all day about it, its great.

Rachel & Paul

Guest Guest75
Hi Paul

Yes we have been watching Wanted Down Under. We have watched every episode. Adelaide looks really nice doesn't it? It just makes us want to get there asap.

Paula

Then whats stopping you? See you out here soon for a BBQ and a beer or 7.

You wont be disapointed with Adelaide, we wouldnt change it for anywhere else, we are happy here. I could rabbit on all day about it, its great.

Rachel & Paul

LOL

WE just have had an hour rabbiting on about it.

Looking forward to seeing you at the BBQ tonight.

Oh BTW - welcome to Poms in Adelaide :-)

Guest Guest75
Hey where was my invite??? :wink:

I'm psychic and I know I'm gonna meet you next Saturday anyway. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you will meet Paul and Rachael as time goes by - we went to their house.If we were having a meet here you would have had the invite ;-)

So we will meet at last :-)

I am NOT driving next week - someone encourages me to drink.

Did you hear where me and TOP lad ended up last Thurs night??

I was soooo embarassed when I found out what the club was about :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

No she didn't tell me that!! I know she and Mrs Tyke had a good time but didn't know you went somewhere else .... :lol: I guess it must have been somewhere like the Crazy Horse. :wink:

She was only round my house yesterday as well.

I think its lovely when people click so well. :lol:

Hi Rachal and Paul.

We like the sound of the beer and barbi when we get over there this summer. (Hopefully)

We have already applied for the visa after passing TRA last December so we are just in for the long wait. They say we should have the visa around June/July. We don`t mind if you rabbit on about Adelaide as all information/ advice is most welcome.

As soon as we get the word we will be selling up. The house is already packed away ready for a fast move.

Hope to hear from you soon

Paula and Adrian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest martandkaz

Hi Paul, Paula & Adrian, Andy & Lindsey

Been a bit slow to find this site! Have you already had your meet up? If not we would like to meet you all, we are from York.

Martin & Karen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paulocon

Hiya, Martin and Karen, nice to see you on this site - not had any meet ups as yet but you are more than welcome to join us when we do! Any suggestions has to where and when are welcome!!!

Just let us know what you think - and where are you up to with you visa application etc!!

Paul

Guest happy-jools

Hiya everyone.

Re the meet up. It would be nice to have a meet up in the North. Was considering going to the Midlands meet up but it would take about four hours for us to get there.

A meeting in York etc would be good.

We are Julia & Steve, Olivia (6) and Molly (3).

Awaiting results of TRA assessment, and very exited, nervous etc.

Would be great to meet up with people in a similar position.

Any suggestions for a meet up anyone?

Julia & the gang.

Guest martandkaz

Hi all,

Would be good to meet up with some of you. We got the 136 Visa in Jan and are going in 6 weeks. Not sure if anyone is free in this short timescale. Lots of family pubs in York but would be willing to travel to Leeds or Teesside area.

Martin and Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

As Paul said we haven't had a meet up yet but I am willing to arrange one if anyone is interested. I have sent a PM to Martin and Karen as they are leaving in a few weeks to see if Sunday 1st April is convenient for them. Is anyone available that day? I know it is short notice but I work most evenings and that is the next weekend I am available and as Martin and Karen are leaving soon we have a short timescale. When we know where people are coming from we will try and arrange somewhere in the middle! Hope to hear from as many people as possible soon.

Paula and Adrian