Anyone heading to Adelaide in January?

Guest northernstar200

Guest northernstar200

Hi there, me and my family are moving to adelaide on 18th jan, and was wondering if anyone who is heading out there around the same time, wants to meet up for a coffee.

We are moving out there not knowing a sole, and would love to meet up with others in the same scarey boat as ourselves.

Things have really started to worry me now like, worrying about every little detail about the move, worrying about schools, houses, and am thinking more and more about spiders and sharks!!

Tracy (30) ;), Andy (35) :biglaugh:, Beth (12) :)and Jasmine (10) :P

Guest mayjess

Hi there, it is scary I know full well, but try to take one day at a time otherwise it overwhelms you, IF we get this house sorted, & one of us has a job offer of sorts, then we intend to go Jan/Feb, this would be great, still hot, but xmas & new year outta the way.

Good Luck to ya

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

Like Mayjess we are to hoping to move Jan 10. IF (a very big IF) the house sells or my hubby secures a decent job offer we would love to go over then.

I take it from your name (Nothernstar) you live up North? We live in the West Midlands.

All the best with your move.

Michelle

Guest familygood

Hello!

We fly 18th Jan arrive 20th. Am so very excited now. Would love to meet up if you want when we arrive. We are staying in Port Noarlunga area for 6 weeks before getting us a rental. There is so much to organise its like a military operation in our house! I have never done so many spreadsheets..

Guest northernstar200

Hi, thanks for your replies, yes we are from near Manchester and we fly out on 18th of January also, and the area that i like is port noarlunga!

We have decided to rent our house out, as i don't think it is the best time for me to sell, so when the market improves we will sell up then, and buy a house in oz.

You seem very arganised with your spread sheets, where i just have loads and loads of lists.

All our house contents go in 5 weeks, so we will have our last christmas here, one without having our home comforts.

Am so excited but still it is daunting.

Tracy x x x

Guest mayjess

We didnt have spread sheets,lists etc etc, we just sold our house, booked flights & hoped for the best,lol, but it does come together, in time, with the ups ther are the downs & vice versa.

Heres hoping to go asap.

Mayjess

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

We are flying out Jan 7th, both getting really excited now and everything getting shipped in a couple of weeks. Having said that we are not shipping large items furniture etc just priority items such as the OH golf clubs, golf trolley etc :biglaugh:

Will be nice to have last xmas here with family then of to the sunshine.

If you can find time would be nice to meet up for a coffee at some point were only down the road from you.

Jo and Tom x

Guest cherryn

Hi,

Me and hubby are planning to move there in January but no date as yet as we are still waiting on visas.

Nice to hear im not the only one worrying about Everything ...Lol .

Will keep in touch ...and let you know any updates .

Nancy

Guest northernstar200
Hi,

We are flying out Jan 7th, both getting really excited now and everything getting shipped in a couple of weeks. Having said that we are not shipping large items furniture etc just priority items such as the OH golf clubs, golf trolley etc :biglaugh:

Will be nice to have last xmas here with family then of to the sunshine.

If you can find time would be nice to meet up for a coffee at some point were only down the road from you.

Jo and Tom x

Yeah priorities like the telly and nintendo for my hubby, never mind the most important stuff like clothes, shoes and handbags lol

Would deffo like to meet up, i am sure we could arrange summat.

Everytime i think of this horrible wet winter, i just keep thinking not long now!!

Tracy xxx

Guest northernstar200
Hi,

Me and hubby are planning to move there in January but no date as yet as we are still waiting on visas.

Nice to hear im not the only one worrying about Everything ...Lol .

Will keep in touch ...and let you know any updates .

Nancy

There are a lot of people who are on here who are moving hopefully in jan if visa or house is sorted, that sounds even more scarey to me.

Fingers crossed on your visa really soon.

We are resigned to the fact that our house isn't selling, so renting it out will have to do for now.

Tracy xxx

Guest northernstar200

Hi we are in the same boat as you, have applied for oaa, fingers crossed we get it, but it is nerve racking waiting, hope we do or it will be a made rush to find somewhere at such short notice.

Good luck and hopefully see you all there.

Tracy xxx

We are flying out on 14 Jan and arriving 16th, can't wait now really really excited but still seems so much to do! Our furniture goes on 30th Dec so we have one last Christmas here with our stuff around us. Looking forward to Christmas with the family before we head off to our new life. We are in Seaford Rise for the first 5 weeks while we get sorted and would love to meet up when the dust settles, looking forward to meeting new friends.

Guest Mrs Brentus

Tracy,

I met you on a poms in Adelaide meet in Bury earlier in the year.

I take it your interview went well, you was due one at around 7am with the time difference etc.

I have just started a job working for the ambulance service taking 000 calls. It's going great, we have settled in Mawson Lakes (north of the city). It's all worth it.

Sarah

Guest northernstar200

Hello, i am really glad it is all working out well for you. That sounds like a really good job answering emergency calls, how exciting.

I didn't hear anything from that interview but i have had one more recently on the oncology unit at Ashford Hospital, and as far as i am aware i have got the job just waiting for confirmation from the director of nursing there.

Glad to know all this stress and worry is worth it, can't wait to just get there now.

Tracy xxx

Tracy,

I met you on a poms in Adelaide meet in Bury earlier in the year.

I take it your interview went well, you was due one at around 7am with the time difference etc.

I have just started a job working for the ambulance service taking 000 calls. It's going great, we have settled in Mawson Lakes (north of the city). It's all worth it.

Sarah

Guest CDJ_Edwards

We are setting off on 6 January and will be having a couple of night in Hong Kong and will arrive in Adelaide on 10 January. We are staying with family in Myponga until we get a long-term rental sorted (hopefully in Seaford). Would love to meet up with others arriving in the New Year.

Hope to meet you all down under!!

Guest northernstar200

We are having to cope without our furniture for longer than you, and am coming out in a sweat just thinking about it. Our furniture goes on 10th/11 December. That is the same night i go out on my owrks christmas do, non of my usual home comforts after that, i am sure we will manage.

Good luck with your move, hopefully c u on the other side, when it will be aq lots nice than the weather is here at the moment.

We are flying out on 14 Jan and arriving 16th, can't wait now really really excited but still seems so much to do! Our furniture goes on 30th Dec so we have one last Christmas here with our stuff around us. Looking forward to Christmas with the family before we head off to our new life. We are in Seaford Rise for the first 5 weeks while we get sorted and would love to meet up when the dust settles, looking forward to meeting new friends.

Hi there,

We arrive on 15th January, its nice to hear there are others feeling the same and going through the same its really daunting and i'm getting slightly stressed but i'm sure it will all be worth it.

Good luck

Guest Mrs Brentus

It's like christmas when your container arrives!. We was on a mattress on the floor for a while in the UK, also borrowed loads of kitchen stuff to get by. It all fits into place though, we are still opening box's.

Hi all,

We're flying 28th Jan, arriving 30th. Busy time for all of us what with Xmas etc. I am officially redundant from my job end November so at least i've a few weeks to get stuck into everything. Good luck to all in the same boat, maybe see you at the meet ups mentioned on PIO forum.

All the best

Mark (metal machinist), Tania (administration clerk) & Emily (8 years)

We are having to cope without our furniture for longer than you, and am coming out in a sweat just thinking about it. Our furniture goes on 10th/11 December. That is the same night i go out on my owrks christmas do, non of my usual home comforts after that, i am sure we will manage.

Good luck with your move, hopefully c u on the other side, when it will be aq lots nice than the weather is here at the moment.

If you have enough to drink at your xmas do, perhaps you won't notice the lack of furniture at least for that night!! :biglaugh:I am really looking forward to the sunshine! It's that thought that keeps me going right now! Good luck with your move too!! See you in sunny Adelaide!!

Guest northernstar200

We too will be sleeping on a mattress over christmas, i am sure i won't be as bad as i think, like you said i'm sure our family will borrow us loads of stuff, otheriwse no one will get a christmas dinner!

I cannot wait to just get over there now, sick of talking about it and planning it, just want to be relaxing at the other end.

Tracy x

It's like christmas when your container arrives!. We was on a mattress on the floor for a while in the UK, also borrowed loads of kitchen stuff to get by. It all fits into place though, we are still opening box's.

Guest northernstar200

Oh i am am gonna plan on letting my hair down at the christmas do thats for sure, who cares that i will be sleeping on a mattress with non of my stuff, no bed, no table, no bed side lamp, oh its getting sworse just thinking about it, at least there is still wine to keep me going!

I'm the same about this orrible weather, everytime is windy or raining, i just keep thinking to myself, oh well its not for much longer.

Thankyou for the luck about the move, i'm sure its a miricle i need if everything is going to go to plan.

See you in Adelaide, oh it still seems funny saying it.

Tracy xxx

If you have enough to drink at your xmas do, perhaps you won't notice the lack of furniture at least for that night!! :biglaugh:I am really looking forward to the sunshine! It's that thought that keeps me going right now! Good luck with your move too!! See you in sunny Adelaide!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CDJ_Edwards

We fly out on the 6th of jan.

Same feelings as everyone else, one minute busting with exictement, next minute s*****g myself.

We live in Leeds but are up for a meet if it can be arranged in the next couple of weeks.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi again.

just a quick update, all our stuff got shipped yesterday the flat looks really bare. Even though we only shipped personal things we did ship pictures, TV, had some larger items so it feels real now. However we are not sleeping on a blow up bed so it's not that bad, and handed my notice in Monday:jiggy:

Family are starting to get to that point where they don't want to mention it don't know what other people's are like? Especially my mum, crying all the time and won't talk about it and i know this christmas is going to be awful.

Can't wait though, still waiting on the meet and greet and accomodation anyone heard anything yet if they have applied?

Anyway would be gud to meet if people have time if not se you over there for a few beers

Jo and Tom x