Book Group BBQ!

Guest allie

Hey all :)

A couple of weeks ago a few of us decided that a great way to meet people and save money on books would be to meet up, have a bbq and swop over any books that we were finished with. Given that im now spending a small fortune on books (no 2 for £7 tesco delas here!) Im pretty keen to get this up and running!!

Anyone who wants come is welcome :) Any ideas for times, dates and places? Im happy to host the first one now that my furniture has arrived and i have a proper house :)

Let me know what you think!

Allie xx

Looks like we will have loads of swapping :) im in glenelg and im happy to have the first bbq here so we just need a date that suits everyone! since we have a few people who wont be in oz til dec it might be an idea to leave it until then? can get a bit manic with all the xmas prep but im sure we can find an evening!

Ok starting date idea is monday 7th Dec at 6pm.....hopefully it will suit everyone but if not then im sure we can figure out a date that does!

allie x

Looks like we will have loads of swapping :) im in glenelg and im happy to have the first bbq here so we just need a date that suits everyone! since we have a few people who wont be in oz til dec it might be an idea to leave it until then? can get a bit manic with all the xmas prep but im sure we can find an evening!

Ok starting date idea is monday 7th Dec at 6pm.....hopefully it will suit everyone but if not then im sure we can figure out a date that does!

allie x

Hi

I'm good for that date.

Mel

xx

Guest andrena

Hi Allie, i would be interested in book club and bit of a catch up so keep us informed, 6th is out for me though as i have kids xmas party but happy to meet in new year, cheers, andrena

hi everyone :)

looks like we have a great response for this so date set as monday 7th at 6pm at my house - if you are coming then pm me and il send you the address :)

ozzieclaire asked a good question about how many books - i say the more the better! how about if you bring one then you take one, two then take two, etc? we might have some people who dont get to swop all the books if they bring loads tho...so how about a limit of 3? We will def need some for the next swapping!

pesty - so far it is all women who have replied and as such my hubby is making himself scarce that evening! No one else has mentioned bringing partners so im assuming that there wont be any more men there! as for bringing the kiddies - we are already at 12 people including me so i would say that it is probably just one for us ladies since there are so many! hope that is ok with everyone else.

Looking forward to it ladies :)

allie x

Guest Lisipopp&Bluenose
hi everyone :)

looks like we have a great response for this so date set as monday 7th at 6pm at my house - if you are coming then pm me and il send you the address :)

ozzieclaire asked a good question about how many books - i say the more the better! how about if you bring one then you take one, two then take two, etc? we might have some people who dont get to swop all the books if they bring loads tho...so how about a limit of 3? We will def need some for the next swapping!

pesty - so far it is all women who have replied and as such my hubby is making himself scarce that evening! No one else has mentioned bringing partners so im assuming that there wont be any more men there! as for bringing the kiddies - we are already at 12 people including me so i would say that it is probably just one for us ladies since there are so many! hope that is ok with everyone else.

Looking forward to it ladies :)

allie x

Hi Allie,

This is a great idea! I am new to PIA but any chance you can count me in please? I'll PM you now for your address details if that's ok. If you feel your home will already be bursting at the seams with too many people, that's fine too but I would love to come along on the 7th of Dec.

;-) Lisa

Guest Family Lomax

We only arrive in the 15 Jan 2010, but please keep us posted on the next event as hubby and I are avid readers. Just had to get rid of about 250 novels before the big move.

Hubby 42, me 41 and 12 year old daughter.

hi all :)

had to put a cap on the numbers which is why i said ladies only but if you cant get a babysitter then bring the kids :) only thing is that my garden has not been designed for playing in! its all concrete paving and no grass and isnt especially big so bit worried that the kids will have no where to play!

i'll provide burgers and sausages for the bbq so if you fancy bringing anything else that would be great :) the only other things you will need are some books and whatever you fancy drinking!

should be a good night and we have had a great response :) if you need the address just pm me and il send you all the details

looking forward to it!

allie x