meet ups in west mids

Guest lazymazy

Guest lazymazy

hiya to you all, jus wondering if any one from the west mids area is planning a meet up in the next few weeks/months. should be moving to ad. in aug/sept. anyone in same boat?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

We're hoping to move in the summer- just awaiting medicals and the final YES!!. We also live in the West Midlands can't wait for sunnier climbs. Love to talk about OZ all my friends and family are fed up of listening to us.

Good luck

:roll:

Guest Bex & Nick

Hiya

We're in Solihull. We've just sent our meds & PC's off so hope to have an answer so that we can go June/July. Are you anywhere near here? Wouldn't say no to meeting up but we're getting married in 8 weeks (and there's so much to do...), so probably best for us after that...let us know if you do want to arrange something.

Bex & Nick

Guest lazymazy

we're off for meds at end of feb. can't wait. hope we get there now. we're in the halesowen area. not too far from solihull. would be good to meet up. will have to set a date. good luck with the wedding

Hi All,

We are in Brierley Hill, and would love to meet up with anyone who is currently going through the same stress as us. We have just got through the skills assessment and are about to send off to our agent the SA sponsorship, so still a long way to go and hoping to go towards the end of the year.

Please advise the best time and place and we will be there.

Thanks

Tina & Mark :

SIR 495 - Mark - Painter & Decorator

Skills assessment approved Yippee!!! :lol:

Hi, we are also from Solihull, and would love to meet up with others who are holping to get to Adelaide. Good luck with the wedding Bex and Nick - you are brave taking on a wedding and migration! We are also going for the SIR and have just sent off skills assessment so ages to go yet :D

Cari

Guest emmylou

Hi Everyone

I live in North Oxfordshire but don't mind travelling if you arrange a meet! I am waiting on gov sponsorship and hope to be out in Adelaide in Sept/Oct - can't wait!

Take care

Emma :lol:

Guest Bex & Nick

Thanks for the "good luck" msgs!

I'll keep looking in on this and as lazymazy suggests lets wait a couple of weeks and then get together - maybe somewhere in/near Bromsgrove would be handy for most folks as a halfway point?

Bex

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

We are in Burton on trent so not a million miles from west mids. We wouldn't mind a jaunt up the A38, please keep us in mind for anything you organise.

Thanks, hope to see you soon.

Jen, Ian, Jay, Sam & Noah :)

Guest lazymazy

hi all, time is ticking and we're all getting closer (hope we pass our meds) to aus. i know it may seem a long way off from now but we all seem to be wanting to leave for adelaide around late summer. we're happy to meet somewhere in bromsgrove(would prefere a non smoking area as we will be bringing out 6mth old daughter) is the 21st of april a problem for anyone??? like i said i know it's a long way off but this time will soon pass! this still gives people a chance to come along..

stay glued and see you all soon

lazy[/img]

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

That date in April works for us, our oldest son is having an operation on his shoulder in a few weeks, but he'll be out of plaster by then. Daytime would be better for us too as the kids will be tagging along (hope thats alright :) ).

See ya.

Jen & Ian

Guest Jo & Mark

hello there all you midlanders - we too would love to join you all in a meet up... our visas are through and we activated them in November on a reccy trip - hope to be out there for real in October. New baby due in 6 weeks but if you all get chance to meet up before then, it'd be great to be involved. We're in Worcester, so Bromsgrove is fine by us :D

Hi

Saturday 21st April - sounds great - Daytime if great and definitely non-smoking. Will be bringing our two girls aged 10 and 7.

Bromsgrove is great for us, we dont know it well - so, can you suggest a meeting place?

Really looking forward to meeting others in similar circumstances to us.

We booked our flights yesterday - flying out on 15th August. Did originally want July, but the price was a few hundred pounds more and this way we can afford to have a nice bread in Singapore for 5 days before arriving in Adelaide.

Speak soon

sarahx

Guest lazymazy

hi everyone,

can someone surgest a good meeting place in b.grove. we may have to book or get part of the place cornered off, looks like we're gonna have a good turn out. not sure if any of you know the hilton hotel on the A38 just off jnk 4 M5? we were gonna call them to see if we could meet there( they have a large bar area) other than that not too sure of big pubs in that area where we could meet, can anyone help :lol:

Guest Bex & Nick

Hiya

There are a few pubs that I see when I go back to B'grove, although I haven't been to them for years:

The Marlbrook (on the A38 on right hand side just before you get to The Hilton);

The Guild, which looks quite big from the outside (opposite direction down the A38 towards Bromsgrove);

The Forest (it's a Harvester pub) which is at Junction 1 of the M42/A38.

Bex