Rugby World Cup 2008

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Thought it was time this had a mention. Getting really excited here about having some sport to watch on TV (albeit crazy times!) other than aussie rules. Would love to get together with like-minded folks on this one - Guzzler will be shouting in the Welsh corner and me in the English corner, but can't really see it happening at the times the games will be aired.

HOWEVER if anyone does know any venues which will be showing games, please let us know. Have just brought a World Cup guide for Guzzler for fathers day (spoilt him didn't we!) and am going to have a read now in the garden with a cuppa!

Take care

Sas

xxx

but can't really see it happening at the times the games will be aired.

I dunno the times seem pretty resonable to me. Still being in England does have its advantages ;)

:idea:What you need is a dvd recorder/hard drive type thing. Then you can record it when you are tucked up in bed and watch them at an appointed time later, though probably best to get up a bit early before/during breakfast so you won't have to avoid any news on the radio/tv. Mind you I did that during the last ashes series. Glad I bothered.:o:biglaugh:

Whooa, you know this will unleash the Demons in both our husbands. When the two Welshies get together for the rugby, it will be hell in our households.

We've already got the Welsh flag flying outside our house as you know!

Jx

Guest donna T

Love the idea of someone recording the games (UK and Wales and Scotland) and then all getting together to watch it at various locations over a barbie and a few beers:wacko:

Anyone up for a bit of that??

I am happy to have a gathering here for one of the games - all welcome

Lo

Guest Guzzler&Sas

sounds like a plan is coming together then.

I have also been speaking to a lady who is on the fundraising committee of Brighton RFC and she says they are thinking of doing a breakfast thing for the semis and finals. So I will let you know on that one.

I am going to do some more research and find out (if I can) exactly what channel 10 are going to be showing and at what time. I do not have Foxtel, so cannot volunteer for any of those games, so will let someone else take that one ...

Watch this space for more details ....

Rugby shirts out soon - hooray!

Sas

:v_SPIN:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guzzler&Sas

it's here .....

early night this evening, up at 3.30am for England vs South Africa - very excited!

Guzzler has issued instructions that we are coming home early tomorrow night from a dinner party, so that he can watch Wales vs Australia at home without any interruptions. Love it !!!

God help us if Wales and England both get through their qualifying games and meet in the next round - there may be ructions in Huntfield Heights between us!!!

Sas

;)

Guest guest569

God help us if Wales and England both get through their qualifying games and meet in the next round - there may be ructions in Huntfield Heights between us!!!

Sas

;)

Didn't England turn Wales over recently anyway ????:P

Guest Leanne & Mark
Thought it was time this had a mention. Getting really excited here about having some sport to watch on TV (albeit crazy times!) other than aussie rules. Would love to get together with like-minded folks on this one - Guzzler will be shouting in the Welsh corner and me in the English corner, but can't really see it happening at the times the games will be aired.

HOWEVER if anyone does know any venues which will be showing games, please let us know. Have just brought a World Cup guide for Guzzler for fathers day (spoilt him didn't we!) and am going to have a read now in the garden with a cuppa!

Take care

Sas

xxx

I don't mean to split hairs, pick fault, etc. Well i do actually. BUT ......

ITS 2007!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T REALIZE ADELAIDE WAS SO FAR AHEAD, EITHER THAT OR YOUR MISSING IT!!!

Guest Leanne & Mark

Nope he is now Shouting, for F*** sake run you F***** muppet your about 20 stone of F****** muscle yoyu giant pansy.

D'ya think he is p***d off???

I've taken to talking to my self in case you hadn't all noticed.:wacko:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
I don't mean to split hairs, pick fault, etc. Well i do actually. BUT ......

ITS 2007!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T REALIZE ADELAIDE WAS SO FAR AHEAD, EITHER THAT OR YOUR MISSING IT!!!

Please without shouting explain the point you are trying to make????????????

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Please without shouting explain the point you are trying to make????????????

Guzzler

Just noticed my wife's title for the post, always ahead of the game my girl:dull:

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Was a genuine offer Guzzler, no offence intended.

Although a little rivalry always makes the game more exciting.;)

A belated thanks for the offer , will take you up on it if they should meet, heads a little sore this morning after the predictable:sad:

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas

bit of a disappointing weekend all round then - england were terrible but at least wales put up a bit of a show.

sorry for getting the year wrong, just a bit ahead of myself .... but have to say, it took quite a few days for anyone to notice!!!

Please no more shouting!

Take care

Sas

:v_SPIN: