• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 19 year old daughter arriving!!

Haha. You will be fine when you start UNI. You will meet so many people there. What are you studying? I work in Woodville South, with nobody my own age =( Plus they are all men. But that's ok. I am sure i will meet more people eventually.

How about you?? Are you working at the moment? How do you like Glenelg? I think it's beautiful there. Was actually down there last night at the Jetty Bar.

Do you have FB? x

Hi our Daughter is 19, 20 in Nov 2010 we live in West Lakes she's be happy to help or meet as she's not made too many friends herself yet.x

Quote Originally Posted by lynnedodd View Post
      Hi - we've been living here in Adelaide since Oct 2007 (lived in York in the North of England prior to mving out here) and have convinced our 19 yr old daughter to move out here (initally for one year but we are hoping for a permanent move!). She arrives on the 16th Jan and in order to help her give Adelaide "a go" we want to help her meet young people her own age rather than her being stuck with a couple of 40+ yr olds!! We're also wanting to expand our group of friends as well. So bearing both these things in mind are there any social events coming up that we can all come along to and meet some of you guys?

Hiya, we moved here in Oct 09 and we have a 19 year old Amiee Knubley she'd be happy to meet up and has her own car, we live at West Lakes though but we thought we'd offer as I (as her mother) truely know what a challenge it was for my daughter when we first moved. your daughter could facebook her? good luck Elaine & Stewart 39

Hi Lynne, cant believe this thread so many Yorkys,we are still living in York and hope to come out the end of this year when we sell our house.We have an 18 year old daughter who cant waite to get to Adelaid but just wonderd what was going on there for girls her age, is your daughter working if so did she find it easy to find work. KT our daughter is in her last year at college doing beauty therapy, but if poss would like to carry on and go to college in Adelaide doing media make up but have heard is very expensive. For all you York folk out there,spring is in the air at long last and the daffs are just starting to come out, today is 14c...tropical almost lol. Fish and chips are still great and will be one of the few things I shall miss.
      Last edited by barb; 28-03-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums