First Sunday of Every Month Meet Up

Guest Ledges

Guest Ledges

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm (This never, ever changes....its been this for 2.5 years)

What you'll need: Sun cream....sunshade if you have one, if not you will be able to share or shade under the pier so no worries. Swimming stuff and towells for the kids and boogie boards if they have them :)

Venues: Summer (Nov - April): Port Noaurlunga beach to the right of the pier or if the weather isn't so good we'll be by the steps. Winter (May - Oct) we meet at Hallett Cove Uniting Church hall where we have coffee and chat..just enter the back of the building.

What its like: Its a lovely sandy beach with a long pier, beautiful scenery, lovely sea, excellent snorkling on the rock reef...a great beach for teenagers as well as little ones. There is a car park, some loos, ice creams and fish and chips available on the sea front.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which becomes Ocean Boulevard, then Commercial Road, after you climb up the hill (its a very long hill) you'll come to Hallett Cove (4km from top of the hill). If you need the church venue turn right off the main road at the Hallett Cove shopping centre Petrol station and the church is at the end of the road facing you (the actual address is 18 Zwerner Drive). Park round the back. To get to Port Noaurlunga Beach location just carry straight on the main road past Hallett Cove shopping centre, past Lonsdale and Christies Beach, turning towards the sea at the Noaurlunga roundabout. We'll usually fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us. Don't worry to much about spotting us though ...after 2.5 years of doing this we've got to be dab hands at spotting people... if you're looking lost we'll approach you.

If you want our mob PM us, we'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number we'll ring or text you.

Caroline & Allan Blackledge

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Peachie

Hi All

would love to come to the next one in feb as missed the last one! We arrived in Adelaide end of Nov 09 and have just got sorted (house school ect) Will be me OH + 2 kids age 11 and 5

hope the suns out x

Hi Peachie,

Look forward to meeting you...we had a get together last weekend too. If I'd known about you I'd have given you a ring. We'vve got family staying the next couple of weeks so probably won't be doing another one until the First Sunday Monthly meet but if you PM me your name and contacts I'll add you to the list of people to invite if we do.

Caroline

Well guys there are at least 3 regular families going on Sunday...and the new ones from this post too..so should be excellent. We'll be just on the beach down the steps and will have a blue sun canopy up. See you there !

Guest northernstar200

Hi there, we arrived last week, and don't hardly know anyone here so we would love to come to the meeting.

See everyone there.

Tracy, Andy, Beth nand Jaz

Where is the meet up this weekend?

Did you know That the Brighton Jetty Classic is on The 7th of Feb..... Is the meet up at the same spot?

Just thought we would let u know as parking might be difficult, But if it is we will still try and make it. Would be nice to meet u all.....

Marie

Hi ScottyS...,

Check out the first post of this thread for the location...because of me mixing the Sunday's up we're meeting this Sunday 31/1 and 7/2. It'll be great to see you there.

Caroline

Hi Guys,

Thanks to evryone who came along this afternoon ..I was totally overwhelmed with the response. It was fantastic. There were at least 54 of us there!

It was so good to see you all. I hope you enjoyed meeting with everyone as much as we did.

I'll be in touch with you all via email and through this forum about get togethers before the next monthly one .

Thanks again to everyone who came and made this such a success.

Caroline & Allan