21st February - Morialta Reserve Barbecue

Diane

At the last North Eastern Suburbs girls' get together, it was suggested that we have a gathering where the rest of the family can come along too if they wish, so as the co-opted North Eastern Social Secretary, might I suggest the following....

Sunday 21st February, 3pm onwards, Barbecue Get Together at Morialta Reserve, Rostrevor

(not far from Athelstone/Newton - see here: morialta conservation park rostrevor - Google Maps)

Bring your own: drinks, chairs, meat, barbecue tools (although I'm sure there'll be some to share if you forget), family (not essential) and a plate of salad to share.

There's plenty of room for kids to run around - but don't feel you have to bring some - a nice walk up to the waterfalls if you feel energetic or want to escape, and usually a few koalas around! Free parking off Stradbroke Road. Oh, I think there's loos there too.

Open to anyone, all welcome, you don't even have to live this side of town (although obviously if you do you have very good taste!!!)

Hope to see some familiar faces there...

Diane

Guest kangomik

We have been summoned! I love this place, it's really relaxing and the flat walk is great once you get your eye in for the Koala's. The kids can run up to Giants cave though!

And yes there are toilets.

I think the barbies are free? or 20 cents.

Guest kangomik

Just to bump it up again:wubclub:

Seeing as we forgot that it is this comming weekend:)

Time goes so quickly over here:goofy: it's hard to keep up.

We will be there, i may make Lou cook for a change:realmad:

Just replied to your other post Sally - you are very welcome to come along, and it's not gatecrashing at all - it's an open invitation and the more the merrier! Forecast is for 39 degrees though....eeek!!!!

ah ok... that's a bit of a worry! See how we go then would be annoying not to come will have to take a family decision on the day... I must start looking ahead at forecasts. My tendency is to look out of the window before I get dressed, and I often get caught out because of course it can be really hot and not appear sunny at all... I have never been a weather forcecast type of person - I hang the washing out and hope for the best. You'd think after 18mths in Australia I might have got into that habit and I will try to do better... The inlaws are always telling me what the weather is going to be (although I don't really think I want to start limiting plans on the basis of what the weather is supposed to be... need a happy medium). Ah well, tangent, I digress, sorry.....

Forecast not quite as hot now, so looks like a pleasant afternoon. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Anyone know what the rules are on music in pubic parks over here? Anyone got a wogbox they can bring if it's allowed? (Sorry if that's a politically incorrect term, although "wog" here means Italian generally, specially over in Rostrevor!)