Met a PIA today...

Sallyh

Well 3 actually, nice surprise to bump into 3 other forum members totally unplanned, just at scouts and turned out we are all parents of kids in the same Joeys section.

So that was nice. Really good to chat.

Anyone else bump into people by accident? I might even pluck up the courage to drag everyone along to Morialta on Sunday now... Actually I think we're up for that, will see!

Anyway, now I have met a total of 4, and due to have my hair cut by another on Friday...

Do come along on Sunday Sally - there will hopefully be quite a handful of people there, and the more the merrier. Hope you can make it.

As for bumping into people from the forum, I occasionally walk the dog with an aussie guy in the park - his dog is one of the few mine doesn't try to attack on sight! - and the other day he said he'd been browsing the internet to find some info for some friends of his who were emigrating from Jersey, and recognised me from my posts on PIA(and stuff in my blog!) - so Adelaide is indeed a very small place! He might even come along to the BBQ too, so there's no obligation to be a Pom, or any sort of migrant at all!

Diane

Anyone else bump into people by accident?

Quite often at the Noarlunga Shopping Centre. Had many a shopping trip turn out into an impromptu PIA meet. :biglaugh: Strangely enough, another place I bump into PIA members is 'Dan Murphy's'. I wonder if that says something about Brits???:confused::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Quite often at the Noarlunga Shopping Centre. Had many a shopping trip turn out into an impromptu PIA meet. :biglaugh: Strangely enough, another place I bump into PIA members is 'Dan Murphy's'. I wonder if that says something about Brits???:confused::biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

Just where I meet a lot of PIA's........... REGULARLY!

Haven't really met many PIA members so wouldn't know one if I bumped into any! Often hear english accents on our travels though.

Yes, I met another English lady today... she's been here 10mths. I didnt have the courage to ask if she was a PIA so what's the secret code for finding out? Is there one???!!