teenagers, things to do on validation trip!

Guest Lizy

HI we are validating 17th March as we need to be in OZ by the end of May but due to property sales falling through 3 times now we have decided to validate incase things don't go to plan with another sale! we will be staying in Adelaide at various accommodation! )Left it all too late to book what we wanted!)

I am bringing daughter 17 and son 15 and hubby. I am keeping an eye out for meet ups we may be able to attend, have found the National Wakeboarding Championships in Renmark so booked there for a few days, plus the usual dolphins, fishing etc Any other ideas or anyone with teenagers similar ages who may want a day/night out!? I really want them to like Adelaide ready for the move this Summer so want them too really enjoy themselves and see there are other teenagers out there!!!!. You know what they are like at that age!

many thanks for any ideas!

Liz

Guest searknubley
HI we are validating 17th March as we need to be in OZ by the end of May but due to property sales falling through 3 times now we have decided to validate incase things don't go to plan with another sale! we will be staying in Adelaide at various accommodation! )Left it all too late to book what we wanted!)

I am bringing daughter 17 and son 15 and hubby. I am keeping an eye out for meet ups we may be able to attend, have found the National Wakeboarding Championships in Renmark so booked there for a few days, plus the usual dolphins, fishing etc Any other ideas or anyone with teenagers similar ages who may want a day/night out!? I really want them to like Adelaide ready for the move this Summer so want them too really enjoy themselves and see there are other teenagers out there!!!!. You know what they are like at that age!

many thanks for any ideas!

Liz

hiya, we have only been here since Oct last year so don't know too much yet but I have 2 girls 15 (soon to be 16) and 19 we live at West Lakes...they love the Mall and the massive Cinema...we kayak on the lake where we live and they love to go ice skating in the city....depends what they like I am sure you will find loads to do..good luck!x

hiya, we have only been here since Oct last year so don't know too much yet but I have 2 girls 15 (soon to be 16) and 19 we live at West Lakes...they love the Mall and the massive Cinema...we kayak on the lake where we live and they love to go ice skating in the city....depends what they like I am sure you will find loads to do..good luck!x

Ah thanks for that! I was starting to think we were going to be "billy no mates" with replies! I come on this site every day as a quiet member ! May be I need to talk more on here to get to know everyone! Just a bit shy! x

Guest Guest75

Shopping on Rundle Mall.

Have a walk through The Central Markets and Chinatown.

Glenelg and other shorefront suburbs - great to call in for a coffee and be a tourist.

Drive up to Gorge Wild life Park.

Have a drive down to Normanville & Carrickalinga - we called in the other day - had forgotten how truly beautiful the beaches are there!

Don't try "too hard" to sell it to your kids - they'll expect it like that all the time ;)

PS Lizy - really don't be shy,do ask questions!!!:cute:

The Dolphin Sanctuary is nice to explore by Kayak - have a look at these people: Adventure Kayaking SA

We took a couple of their boats out a month or so ago, had dolphins swimming alongside us, was great fun.

Mount Lofty and Cleland is definitely worth doing on a day out too.

What are your kids into? If they like sports maybe try and get tickets for a football match, or a basketball one, or go watch some soccer. If they like shopping, have an explore of one of the big shopping malls (Marion, Tea Tree Plaza for instance) - if you get a nice day go to an outdoor pool (Burnside, Marion) - see what's on at the Festival Theatre if they're into Arts/Music.

Have a wonder along North Terrace in the City - shops to explore for shopping, museums, art gallery, and the University grounds to wonder through, just to get a feel for the atmosphere, then maybe grab a bite to eat at the Botanic Gardens Cafe.

Take a drive down to Victor Harbor - either watch the surfers on Boomer Beach or you might be lucky and see some of the first whales of the season (might be a bit early though)

And remind your 15 yr old that kids can get their driving license at 16 here now (terrifying thought, but seems to be a big incentive for some reason!)..

Do you have any idea of which area you might be living in? Quite a few High Schools have tours or fetes going on that time of year - for instance St Ignatius in the East has a school fair on 27th March, if you want to take your kids and have a wonder round so they can mix with other kids of similar age and get some kind of feel for what teenagers here are like...

Guest Flatdog

Go to Middleton and get some surfing lessons they will love it! The areas down there are only an hour and half drive and magnificant. Also Glenelg has some good parts to walk around and get a feel for the beach culture. Try the ZOO it has Pandas not my cup of tea but might intrest them.

Go up to Mount Lofty and check out the city well worth it IMO.

Guest searknubley
Ah thanks for that! I was starting to think we were going to be "billy no mates" with replies! I come on this site every day as a quiet member ! May be I need to talk more on here to get to know everyone! Just a bit shy! x

no worries, I'm very new to the site so thought I'd reply as I know how you feel but the replies you get are very helpful and reassuring....there really is plenty for teenagers to do and see but they will really settle in and know more than you once they start High School and make friends...my girls no more than me now so I just go with the flow!!! I'd treat your trip like a holiday and really enjoy it before you offically land!!! the City has late night shopping Fridays and the Malls are late night Thurs...I always know where my youngest is on a Thursday night!!! West Lakes...now that will show your kids alot of Aussie Teens...have fun.x

• 6 months later...
Guest guest569
The Dolphin Sanctuary is nice to explore by Kayak - have a look at these people: Adventure Kayaking SA

We took a couple of their boats out a month or so ago, had dolphins swimming alongside us, was great fun.

I plan on doing this this year !!! Always been on my wanted list but never got round to it.

Lizzy, no worries, come to one of my many BBQ's we have. My Son's birthday is on the 16th March and we always have BBQ's and we are talking many people come all with older teenagers and young adults, oh and their parents come too. Just keep looking at my posts I always ask new people to come along as you can never have enough friends