Well we got here......don't know how!

Guest Damien

Guest Damien

Hi All!

Well, we are here in beautiful sunny Adelaide :jiggy:

We got here late Saturday but have only just been able to get on the internet and my mobile won't work here despite being unlocked!

We flew in with Cathay Pacific to Melbourne via Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific - what can I say? Airline/ flights were fine. Stewardesses were bloody gorgeous, good job I was tired I can tell you :Randy-git: (Hope the mrs isn't reading this!). Why is it that they manage to find attractive girls for stewardesses but the Asian 'lady' travellers were all fat? They also burp a helluva lot! This kept me awake so I had to listen to music to drown out the sound of belching!! Oh yeah, don't have the congee for breakfast. I didn't know what it was so tried it. I think congee must mean congealed. It was like thick wallpaper paste with spicy chicken stuck to it. Not good when jetlagged.

The stay in Melbourne was fine until we had to get the taxi to the train station. I ordered it for 8am but there was no taxi to be found. I called three times, each time they said it was on its way. Our train was due to leave at 0840. The taxi arrived at 0829 :arghh: It dropped us off at the station, four of us with 7 cases plus hand luggage. I sent my 8 year old off, running, with a suitcase, and he managed to stop the train as it tried to depart - superstar. Don't know what we'd have done without him! Still wouldn't be here now.

Anyway, now enjoying the wife's birthday in the sun with a cool beer by our pool thinking yeah, it was worth it.

Anyone fancy a beer cause we don't know anybody. We are in Christies Beach. We've got a few mates from PIA we need to contact when we get our mobile working but would be good to meet up with new friends.

See ya soon!

Damo, Lisa, Kieran and Daisy-Lou

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello Damo and family,

Well done, sounds a ittle traumatic in parts but you made it, hope Mrs Damo had a good birthday, what a way to celebrate it, by arriving in Oz

enjoy

Tanya x

welcome to adelaide. just wanted to say hi.

sounds like you had an eventful journey to get here. We are just down seaford way at moana heights. it feels surreal when you first arrive. :huh: will try and help if we can if you need it give us a call. we have all been the new arrivals not knowing anywhere or anyone:D

how old are your kids? will you be looking for schools etc too.

hope you are settling in and getting over your jetlag.

kath

Guest Damien

Cheers all!

All feels a bit surreal at the mo............Will def arrange a few meet ups! Saw the wooden fort today, kids can't wait to have a play and it's conveniently close to the river for a fish.

Tyke - keep that space for me mate! We walked to the beach yesterday teatime, there was a dead YFW in the road by the tackle shop?! Nowhere near the sea! Gonna pay the shop a visit tomorrow, it's the closet one and we aren't getting a car until later in the week. Gotta but all new gear before I get to go fishing. What's the fishing from Christies Beach and Noalunga Jetty like? There were a few fishing the rocks at Chrsites yesterday.

See ya soon!

Damo

Guest Guest75
Cheers all!

All feels a bit surreal at the mo............Will def arrange a few meet ups! Saw the wooden fort today, kids can't wait to have a play and it's conveniently close to the river for a fish.

Tyke - keep that space for me mate! We walked to the beach yesterday teatime, there was a dead YFW in the road by the tackle shop?! Nowhere near the sea! Gonna pay the shop a visit tomorrow, it's the closet one and we aren't getting a car until later in the week. Gotta but all new gear before I get to go fishing. What's the fishing from Christies Beach and Noalunga Jetty like? There were a few fishing the rocks at Chrsites yesterday.

See ya soon!

Damo

Another time :D

Which tackle shop>?

Angler's Choice is my preferred down there - all the blokes know me in there:biglaugh:

The rocks and jetty can be good to fish - incoming tides are best.

Ask the blokes in the tackle shop for more info,they are a great info source:notworthy:

Look out from the Stanvac Jetty /O'Sullivan Beach boat ramp - I'll be about 7k's out there tomorrow ;)

Guest Damien

It 's the one on Beach Rd, only about 5 mins walk from where I'm staying. I've got a few minor things like TFN to sort tomorrow, car to find etc. Hopefully the mrs will then give me a pass to buy some gear and have a go from the rocks. Will speak to the lads in the shop. Will look out for you, your boat will be the one loaded to the gunwhales with snapper right?

Hi All!

Well, we are here in beautiful sunny Adelaide :jiggy:

We got here late Saturday but have only just been able to get on the internet and my mobile won't work here despite being unlocked!

We flew in with Cathay Pacific to Melbourne via Hong Kong. Cathay Pacific - what can I say? Airline/ flights were fine. Stewardesses were bloody gorgeous, good job I was tired I can tell you :Randy-git: (Hope the mrs isn't reading this!). Why is it that they manage to find attractive girls for stewardesses but the Asian 'lady' travellers were all fat? They also burp a helluva lot! This kept me awake so I had to listen to music to drown out the sound of belching!! Oh yeah, don't have the congee for breakfast. I didn't know what it was so tried it. I think congee must mean congealed. It was like thick wallpaper paste with spicy chicken stuck to it. Not good when jetlagged.

The stay in Melbourne was fine until we had to get the taxi to the train station. I ordered it for 8am but there was no taxi to be found. I called three times, each time they said it was on its way. Our train was due to leave at 0840. The taxi arrived at 0829 :arghh: It dropped us off at the station, four of us with 7 cases plus hand luggage. I sent my 8 year old off, running, with a suitcase, and he managed to stop the train as it tried to depart - superstar. Don't know what we'd have done without him! Still wouldn't be here now.

Anyway, now enjoying the wife's birthday in the sun with a cool beer by our pool thinking yeah, it was worth it.

Anyone fancy a beer cause we don't know anybody. We are in Christies Beach. We've got a few mates from PIA we need to contact when we get our mobile working but would be good to meet up with new friends.

See ya soon!

Damo, Lisa, Kieran and Daisy-Lou

Well done and congratulations mate YOU MADE IT!!!! :jiggy:Now the fun starts hey, hope to catch up with you for a beer soon when i leave sunny swindon on may 20th.

Darren

Guest Damien

Oh yeah, forgot to say I can't believe just how many Brits are here. I came over here to get away from you lot!! Everyone on the beach is English, in the bank they were English, shopping they were English. Oh yeah there was one funy accent - the lady in the Post Office was from Scotland!

Darren - that beer is on ice for you mate

Guest Guest75
Oh yeah, forgot to say I can't believe just how many Brits are here. I came over here to get away from you lot!! Everyone on the beach is English, in the bank they were English, shopping they were English. Oh yeah there was one funy accent - the lady in the Post Office was from Scotland!

Darren - that beer is on ice for you mate

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

A lot of Poms appreciate the beach more than the Aussies - especially in winter - spot the daft Pom sunbaking in 12c:elvis:

Guest RazandKaz

Hi Damo

Well done ! I hope our journey on Friday is less eventful. We will be in Perth for a few days - arrive in Christies Beach on Sat 27th - looking forward to meeting you. Can't wait to see sunny Adelaide - was last there 10 years ago as a young (ish) backpacker, I have a very different persepctive on things now!

Can taste the chilled beer already

Karen