School Holidays

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Now that the school/kinde holidays are very nearly upon us, I was wondering whether anyone fancied getting together, loading cars up, bikes, scooters, eskys, kitchen sinks!! and heading for Belair Park for a day out?

I have done this twice before and had a great day. The kids had a ball in the play area, then we went off for a bike ride/walk (because mine are small bike riders) and us adults, chatted, played with the kids and had a fab time. We have also seen emus there so great for wildlife spotting. Last time we went, we had kids with us from 1.5yrs to 12yrs. So suits all ages!

Please let me know if anyone fancies this and we can sort out which day would be best.

All the best for now

Sas

:o

HI Sarah

Great idea - I think you can be our events and social secretary - fab job:D

We would love to come, if you don't mind my boisterous two!!

Any day except Tues and Weds in the first week for me.

See you soon

Donna

x

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Sarah

Sounds a great idea, just let us know where and when and we'll try our hardest to get there, Deb a real wizz with the UBD too :notworthy:

I'll bring my camera to get some Emu pics ;)

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Well if you decide to do the meet between the 16th -29 oct count us in were that keen we will come over just for the meet....lol , after all we travelled 300miles to the west mids meet here so a few extra thousand wont change anything, and we could catch up with the guys we've met already above:)cheers Graham

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Ok then - think the above date suits everyone and I think that a convoy is the best way to go - that way we will not lose anyone.

You pay entry into the park per car, so if we meet somewhere then perhaps others can jump in together.

I am south in Huntfield Heights, where are you all and what would be a good meeting place - I know Donna is in Hallett Cove ....?

Bring as much stuff as you can, chairs, blankets, toys, picnics etc. There is usually an ice-cream van which comes along too.

Feels like a plan is coming together - don't forget, the more the merrier!

Regs

Sas

Really looking forward to it. Don't worry if your stuff hasn't arrived yet, I am sure we will have plenty bewtween us.

I will have space for 2 in my car (one in the front and one squeezed into the back between my 2 kids) just in case anyone needs a lift.

Thursday is fine by us.

I'm in Hallet Cove - I have room for 2 more if anyone needs a lift.

Don't have blankets or chairs, just a big bottom, a cool bag, UBD & 2 energetic boys aged 10 & 7. Donna could I follow you unless we are meeting here in Hallett Cove ?

Whatever is easiest.

Looking forward to it already.

Angela

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Like Paula & Adrian we wont have much to bring either as out container will be heading down from Singapore with our picnic blanket and chairs in. We are in Happy Valley though Deb's new car has to go back in to the garage in Christies Beach where they'll hopefully give us a decent courtesey car and we'll follow along (might get a minibus if we lucky);)

How does Collonades car park sound for a meeting place? Was going to suggest Hardys but think that might be dangerous :wacko:.

Anyway let us know what the majority want and we'll tag along, two boys 14 and 11 love footbal (the soccer version)

:v_SPIN:

Guest dani~steve~co

Hi all,

We have been here just 2 weeks, loving it so far !!

Would love to meet up for a day out. We have two boys aged 4 yrs and 1 yr. Our 4 yr old is really missing his cousin and friends so would do him good to get out and mix with other kids.

We are in Glenelg at the moment, looking for somewhere more permanent to rent.

Let us know times etc. and we'll be there. We are also waiting for our stuff to be shipped so will just be us and our Eske.

Look forward to meeting up with you all.

Dani and Steve xx

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

No idea what it stands for but they are top maps and we'd be lost without ours:notworthy:

http://www.ubd.com.au/

We went up past Belair Park today http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/belair/index.htm to Cleland Wildlife Park today http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/cleland/index.htm via Mount Lofty, http://www.mtloftysummit.com/index.htm see my FLICKR pages for the loads of pics I took today, and all I'll say is either take a coat or a sweater as being 710 metres up it gets a bit nippy, me in just a tee shirt and jeans was not such a good idea:shocked: but a couple of glasses of Shiraz at the Royal Oak Clarendon soon warmed me up.:v_SPIN:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Now then, all sounds great. How about meeting outside Radio Rentals at Collanndes at 9.30am and then Hallett Cove shops (not sure which shop is at front, the Salvos?) at 10am?

Then we can all follow and when we get the park entrance, there is a carpark to leave which ever cars we don't need and then pay, go in.

I drive a silver Kia Grand Carnaval and if anyone wants my mobile, please PM me.

Not sure what the weather forecast is for thursday, but as long as it is dry, we will be OK. If it says it is going to rain, then perhaps we can postpone for a week.

Everyone please feel free to ask along other pals - the more the merrier.

All the best

Regs

Sas

Guest donna T

No probs although I don't know where I am going either:biglaugh: We'll be fine. I have been before I just take no notice of where I am going half the time!

Thursday is fine by us.

I'm in Hallet Cove - I have room for 2 more if anyone needs a lift.

Don't have blankets or chairs, just a big bottom, a cool bag, UBD & 2 energetic boys aged 10 & 7. Donna could I follow you unless we are meeting here in Hallett Cove ?

Whatever is easiest.

Looking forward to it already.

Angela

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello again

Now then, the weather looks good for thursday, so plan is

9.30am at Radio Rentals, Collandes

10am Salvos, Hallet Cove

I am in a silver Kia Grand Carnaval.

Really looking forward to meeting you all (for those I don't know) and seeing you all again for those I do.

Guzzler is driving, so we definately won't get lost - hahah!

Don't forget hats, sunblock, water!

Please ask whoever you want to be there.

See you then

Regs

Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Just wanted to say, what a great day we have all had at Belair Park - about 14 families showed up and from our point of view, we had a ball. Kids played great, adults had some time to chat and get to know each other.

Have been asked to do the same next week, so watch this space for details.

Only problem with our day out, was our sausages were terrible, but that's no major issue! and I forgot to put sunblock on my face and it feels a bit red, tingly and tight - must do better!

All the best for now

Sas

x

Fantastic day!!!

Thomas and I loved it up there. Next week when my parents arrive I'll be taking them back for a great day out.

By the way....loved the ice cream van!!! I've never seen a Mercedes Ice Cream Van before. This baby had stainless steel worktops, coffee maker, microwave....it looked very sleek.

I'm definitly in the wrong business!:P

J xox