Birmingham N.E.C

Guest Matt & Suzi

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi

Is anyone going to "a place in the sun" at the NEC this weekend?? There is an Australian section there, we are going on the Saturday. It would be nice to say Hi if anyone else is going.

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hello,

We are going Saturday!

Not sure what time we are getting there yet though,

Hannah has a swimming lesson in the morning (0830) and then we are driving down from

Warrington Cheshire which will take roughly an hour.

I expect us to be there say around 1030-1100ish.

Where are you travelling from?

I have friends going to the York one - they are getting info for us and vice versa ;)

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hey Matt and Suzi,

Just read your mail a little closer - we are Warrington as well doh!

I bet we recognise each other lol now wouldn't that be funny.

Hannah is at Fordton in the morning for swimming!

hi Richard an Amanda

We arent going to the nec but are going to the Oz exbo in manchester 27th an 28th oct just noticed aswell that you and matt / suzi live in warrington we're in Frodsham it looks like alot of people on here are from are neck of the woods perhaps we cud do a meet up of our own soon coz they always seem to be down south its just a thought to all fellow northwesters

Cheers Ste and Debbie

Guest Richard & Amanda

What a small world.

We have been looking at the Oct one in Manchester as well. Thought we would do Brum first though and see what that was like.

I noticed the "meets" have been down south - we should start our own Northern rebellion :jiggy:

When do you anticipate moving out there?

We think july /sept 08 but like yourselves have houses to sell and thats the biggest hurdle a northern rebelion sounds good (only joking ) to anyone out their past junction 11 of the m6 i wonder if the have a north south divide in adelaide in keeping with the great british tradition we devo think a meet up this way would be good though count us in we're very partial to the aussie wine or an amber necta so any excuse will do

Guest Matt & Suzi

We want to move our as soon as poss but the housing market is soooo slow, we put our house up in July and only had 2 viewers. The estate agent reckons if a house hasnt gone by end of Oct its usually the next year.

We are defo up for a meet up north.

Hannah does have an early swimming lesson, Fordton is just round the corner from us, Matt played squash there last night.

Hi Suzi I think we're all in the same boat on the house front we've only had 1 viewer and its been up a month or so .

We think a meet is a gud idea and we're only in frodsham but we do no warrington my sister lives on winwick park and we've got most of our families in widnes so we can do anywhere that suits others will watch this space for further developments we've got 2 kids 9 and 2.5 keep in touch

cheers Debbie

Hi All

we would be up for a meet up round here to we are in Winsford. I sympatise with you all with houses of the market we put ours up last Dec/Jan 6 viewers 2 estate agents and 20,000 less than it was originaly on the market for and we have acepted an offer. Good luck with the houses.

Hi Ali

I thought you might be up for a meet up here the house thing is a pain but i suppose its something we better get use to will be well gutted though if we get the visa passed and still no offers!!!.

Ste will be devestated he thinks he's gunna turn 40 in oz.

Speak to you soon

Debbie x

Guest Richard & Amanda

Just getting off the thread slightly.....

What did you think of the NEC?

I didn't realise it was going to be investment properties in Turkey, Cyprus etc! :SLEEP:

We did get some usual hints and tips from the Aussie guy who spoke at the seminar

thingy. It's suprising how much we already knew.

We had friends who went to York for another conference thingy - they said that was good.

Manchester has an expo end of October - might think about that one as well. I think the more info we get up front the easier the transition might be!!!! The tickets for Manchester are £15 each though!

Now then......what about this meet?

Guest ali@51

What about November some time? Has any one got any veiws on good pubs? Winsfords pubs arnt exactly crash hot on nice surroundings and play barns combined:sad:. You seem to get one or the other not both! Any Idears:idea:

Guest massive

Hi all

not been on for a couple of days but ste's been keeping me posted a definate meet is looking promising Frodshams a bit the same its one or the other but surley we can come up with somewhere between us all , or if anyone else in our locality wants to join in and can think of somewhere go for it will watch this space

cheers (just practising that line ) Debbie and Ste (double cheers from him !!!):biglaugh:

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi all

Nov sounds good for a meet. Best dates for us are Sat 10th or Sun 11th, are these dates any good for anyone else ?? I will try and do some research today and find a location, or has anyone thought of anywhere yet?

Guest massive

Hi All from us to yep Sunday is ok with us so its just where now we dont mind going in either direction from us m56 junc 12 so we're very flexible keep us posted

Ste and Debbie

Guest Matt & Suzi

Just having a nosey on another forum and they had a Northwest meet up yesterday, we could of gate-crashed that, they had it at Mascrat Manor it is just off the M6 J21, I sometimes go to the wacky warehouse there and I also went for my sons birthday and they had an area in the pub itself with some toys, so thats 1 idea to think about.

We should close this thread and start a new one with a different title ie Northwest meet up