Horse Riding

Can anyone please suggest any good riding stables. We live in Hallett Cove and so far have been to visit the ones in Morphett Vale but wasn't too impressed. We are looking where they do lessons and we can go out on a hack. Don't mind a drive of about 30mins in any direction. Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest needtogonow
Can anyone please suggest any good riding stables. We live in Hallett Cove and so far have been to visit the ones in Morphett Vale but wasn't too impressed. We are looking where they do lessons and we can go out on a hack. Don't mind a drive of about 30mins in any direction. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi The Sowters,

We are in Sheidow Park but due to move to Hallett Cove in a few weeks and are also looking for riding stables as my daughter is a big rider. I will let you know if I find any.

How are you settling in?

Bex

We are settling in good and are thoroughly enjoying it here. We arrived at the end of January. How about you. Our daughter is 9 next month and is going to Hallett Cove East Primary which is just up from us so great for school/living. I am going to ring some stables today and go out and view them if they offer their ponies/lessons/hacking etc and will let you know. Good luck with the move across the highway. Give us a shout if we can be of any help.

Tania, Mark and Emily

Guest needtogonow
We are settling in good and are thoroughly enjoying it here. We arrived at the end of January. How about you. Our daughter is 9 next month and is going to Hallett Cove East Primary which is just up from us so great for school/living. I am going to ring some stables today and go out and view them if they offer their ponies/lessons/hacking etc and will let you know. Good luck with the move across the highway. Give us a shout if we can be of any help.

Tania, Mark and Emily

We are also loving it here. We arrived at the end of March. My son is at Hallett Cove South Primary and we are really impressed, daughter at Aberfoyle High.

Great, keep us posted about the Horse Riding.

Speak soon,

Bex, Mike,Hope and Christian.

Hi Guys,

We have been here for just over 2 years and have been to a few riding places so hopefully I may be able to assist.

Initially we went to a place in Trott Park which did Sat and Sun mornings. Think it was about $40 an hour but that was a group lesson. Really nice guy but didn't feel the girls were getting a one on one. It was s bit hap hazzard but the girls loved it there. It was not a stable as such as the horse owner travelled up from south somewhere on a Sat morn and back on a Sunday, leaving the horses there overnight.

We then moved to woodcroft and found a local place but did not like it at all. The owner didn't appear to like kids that much. Was paying about $25 for ahlf hour lesson but very rarely got the experienced owner, mostly a 15 year old who was very unpleasent to the kids.

We now lease a horse at Woodcroft but the girls have their lessons at Blewtitt Srpings (near McLaren Vale) only about a 20 min drive from Woodcroft so probably about 30 mins from HC, the drive is lovely too. The proprieter, heather is soooooooooooooo nice. The girls have a private one to one half hour lesson for $25. She has an indoor manage so if it rains she can still teach. The horse are great too. She also does Horse days in the summer and this year the girls did their first overnigh camp at her property.

If you are interested let me know and I will pm you her details. She is very busy so it may be a while before you get a permenant spot but she often has cancellations or people that rearrange thier lessons. She also takes the kids out to the woods on a hack if you want

Karen

Oh there is also a place in Moana on the main road to Aldinga. Amanda is the proprieter. Its called 'horsing around'. She was nice too but we have not been there yet. She does beach rides which sounds fab and my girls will definitely like to go there. Well kept horses and she was really helpful. She does lessons too.

Thank you for this, sounds fab. Can you please PM me her details.

Thanks so much

Tania

Hi Guys,

We have been here for just over 2 years and have been to a few riding places so hopefully I may be able to assist.

Initially we went to a place in Trott Park which did Sat and Sun mornings. Think it was about $40 an hour but that was a group lesson. Really nice guy but didn't feel the girls were getting a one on one. It was s bit hap hazzard but the girls loved it there. It was not a stable as such as the horse owner travelled up from south somewhere on a Sat morn and back on a Sunday, leaving the horses there overnight.

We then moved to woodcroft and found a local place but did not like it at all. The owner didn't appear to like kids that much. Was paying about $25 for ahlf hour lesson but very rarely got the experienced owner, mostly a 15 year old who was very unpleasent to the kids.

We now lease a horse at Woodcroft but the girls have their lessons at Blewtitt Srpings (near McLaren Vale) only about a 20 min drive from Woodcroft so probably about 30 mins from HC, the drive is lovely too. The proprieter, heather is soooooooooooooo nice. The girls have a private one to one half hour lesson for $25. She has an indoor manage so if it rains she can still teach. The horse are great too. She also does Horse days in the summer and this year the girls did their first overnigh camp at her property.

If you are interested let me know and I will pm you her details. She is very busy so it may be a while before you get a permenant spot but she often has cancellations or people that rearrange thier lessons. She also takes the kids out to the woods on a hack if you want

Karen

Guest Lulujim

I totally agree. We went for a few lessons with Heather and she was fab. Very soft and gentle with my daughte r- and as said the drive was a pleasure in itself. Would have kept it up but my duaghter didn't seem too interested so didn't want to push it... am thinking about having lessons for myself though!! :err:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fi2009

Hi I just read your post about horse riding and was wondering if you could let me know the number for Heather and the one near Moana, I live really close. I was a keen rider in the UK with my own horse but have done hardly nothing since being in Australia and I would really love to get back in to it with few lessons and then some hacking. Thanks Fiona

I've tried to find the stables that someone recommended called Horsing Around but cannot find them. I have searched the internet but no joy. I cannot find anything near Blewitt Springs either. However if you ever locate them, can you please send me their details too. Sorry.

Hi Everyone,

So sorry but have had a bit of a drama with the internet lately. The place in Moana is called 'Horsing Around Naturally'. It is run by a really nice lady called Amanda. She does lessons and trail rides on the beach during the correct season. Her number is 0421770205.

Hope that helps

Thanks a lot, I will give her a call. We have gone to the stables at Happy Valley but will give Amanda a call and go and try out her rides too.

Hi Everyone,

So sorry but have had a bit of a drama with the internet lately. The place in Moana is called 'Horsing Around Naturally'. It is run by a really nice lady called Amanda. She does lessons and trail rides on the beach during the correct season. Her number is 0421770205.

Hope that helps

Guest fi2009
Hi Everyone,

Hope that helps

Thank you so much for Amandas number I will be giving her a call for sure. Do you also have the number for Heather in Blewitt Springs.:v_SPIN:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Morleys

Hi Tania

Abi enjoyed Emilys party, thanks for the invite. Did the school gear fit her?

Did you ever find a decent riding school, I would like to take Abi and Nina, they love it.

Marcus x

• 2 months later...

Hi does anyone have the number for Heather or the place in McClaren Vale as we are looking round for somewhere new as we aren't too happy with the place we are going to in Happy Valley. :mad:

Thanks! :D

Emma