Great Indian xx

Guest EHumphreys

Guest EHumphreys

Hi All,

After reading on here about the 'Charminar Indian' on Brighton Road we had a take away from there tonight, for a Mothers Day treat, and it was lovely, really nice. Definitely the best we've had since leaving the UK by far.

Of course it tasted even better after having a glass of bubbly at the Seacliff Hotel beforehand!!! If you haven't tried it, go there at sunset and have a drink on the balcony upstairs, its beautiful xxxx

Happy Mothers Day everyone xxxx

Einir ;)

Guest glitter

'Charminar Indian' is great, we use the one on Sheriffs Road, Morphette Vale, the staff are lovely and its never packed busy as its a bit hidden (I like to think its my little secret). We went there tonight for Mothers day also and had a yummy curry and a glass or tow of vino.

Happy Mothers day to you!!

X

Guest The Dimmocks
Yip, we were munching away at that time, probably saw you. Small world!!

Probably did there were only 2 tables with people on.

It is a very small world. Hope you enjoyed your food

Guest Damien

We had one last night from the Harvest of India in P Noarlunga. It wasn't as good as the UK but the best we've had here so far. The vindaloo wasn't really hot enough for me though but the sauce was nice and thick and the portions were huge. The garlic naan was great! Only downside was the meat, it wasn't all breastmeat, some large bits of brown meat but I suppose that's authentic India for you!

Guest guest3462

We had a takeaway from charminar Brighton rd on saturday night and it was very nice. The only negative I have to say is that there was loads and loads of oil on the top (about 1cm deep) whih altered the taste a bit. non the less, though I still prefer the Balti house on Goodwood Rd. We will defo get from there again and we are now looking forward to trying the one on Sherrifs Rd when we get a night off from the kids!!

• 1 month later...
Guest SaraLouiseSaunders

Been to two Chaminars so far and both have been great. We go to the Delhi Spice on Oaklands Road which is cheap and good quality with plenty of veggie choice. Its more like a cafe but that's why its cheap. But coming from the home of Balti's we think its the best so far. Also been to the Balti House on Goodwood Road which was ok.

Yep love the Balti House on Goodwood Road the owner is an Indian guy from warrington really lovely guy the food is exactly like you get in the UK even uses chicken breast meat, when they ask you how hot just say English medium or hot as the aussies dont have it as hot as we do.

A real find after all the disappointment weve had in the last few years..... Yes we love our Indian food!!!

Kim

Guest tinkham_lee

I was in the Brighton road Charminar again on Saturday. still the best Indian restaurant around, plus they are giving away vouchers for a free main meal if you eat in the restaurant. will definitely be going back again soon, probably to the Reynella one next time.

Guest WhatNow?

Must have been there at the same time as you then! Pity we didn't know as we could have introduced ourselves....

My first time at the Charminar, Saturday, and to be honest I was disappointed after the write ups it has had on here. Menu was limited and the food was just about hot (temperature-wise). It was 'OK' by Adedlaide standards but I have eaten far better food at the back street Balti houses in Brum in the 70s. Sorry all you Charminar fans - the only thing it had going for it was that it wasn't the usual bland Thai/ShriLankan 'Indian' fare. I will go back to 'Beyond India' at Modbury to see if that is still as good as the last time...

The Saffron (?) at Pelican Plaza (near Hungry Jacks just past the library) is good as well in this part of Adelaide. Lovely people there, really enthusiastic about their craft, and happy to make stuff that isn't on the menu if you ask them and, I guess, give them a bit of notice. They do indian cookery classes there as well.

Guest Geordie Lad

Decided not to cook on my first night here after walking past 'Arya - Fine Indian Cuisine' on O'Connell St in North Adelaide and getting a wiff of the food earlier in the afternoon!

Was delicious! As it was my first in Oz I had to sample onion bhaji, chicken tikka masala, rice and keema naan. All spot on though the onion bhaji was different to home, however there was about 4 times more than you would get in England!

Rate this place very highly and will have one or two more no doubt!!

Guest Matey

We had a good meal from the Arya too. If you're in North Adelaide you should also try Beyond India further up O'Connell St and the Monsoon on Melbourne St. Mouth's watering just thinking about it

Guest Mrs Brentus

I liked Beyond India on O'connell st but really didn't like Arya.

We have been recommended to try Chaminar and also Ruby Rahjars in Modbury.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dena morrison

Have to say the Balti House on Goodwood Road is the best! We drive there for a takeaway although it does take a round trip of 1 and a half hours but worth it!