5 a-side in the North East

Guest Furious_D

Guest Furious_D

Is there anyone in the north or north-east of the City that would be up for some regular 5 a-side? Everyone I know from home seems to live in Noorlunga! There's a ton of pitches around here (I'm in redwood park), and further north too.

If a few people are interested I'll look at what's available.

Guest JandJ

I m in the North and would definately be interested in 5 a side footy, I know a few mates that would be as well. Like u said all the other ones are down South!

Guest Furious_D

I've had a look around and there's a place that does indoor 5 a-side in Modbury. They run a league system so I'll phone the guy tomorrow and find out what the story is.

I've got 2 mates that would play too, so we have more than enough for a team :)

Guest Furious_D

I'm 24, but don't worry, I'm not ageist ;)

I've been really busy so I havn't had a chance to find out any more info. I spotted an outdoor 5's place the other night that's floodlit at night, so that could be a better option. I'll keep you posted

• 3 weeks later...
Drop Toby a line - he's the football (soccer!) guru in the North East!

Not sure about 5 a side, but definitely the bigger game...

I play with the same group as Toby. It's Wednesday nights outdoor at Modbury. Ranges from 6 a side to 11 a side depending on who can make it. Last night we had 11 players. Good banter and a beer after.

Guest Furious_D
I play with the same group as Toby. It's Wednesday nights outdoor at Modbury. Ranges from 6 a side to 11 a side depending on who can make it. Last night we had 11 players. Good banter and a beer after.

Where abouts in Modbury is it? Is it outside? I've been flat out and hadn't got a chance to get it organised, so that would be ideal!

Where abouts in Modbury is it? Is it outside? I've been flat out and hadn't got a chance to get it organised, so that would be ideal!

It's at Modbury Jets ground, corner of Golden Grove Rd and Milne Rd. On grass pitch under floodlights. We just mark out a pitch to size depending on numbers and sort out teams as even as possible. One important thing I forgot to mention was that it's basically over 35's so you might have to go easy on us old boys. There are a couple of younger guys that sometimes come along. Might at least give you an easy friendly run out til you can get something sorted out re 5 a side team. Some weeks its 7.30 start others 8, depends on whether Jets first team have training night. Let me know if you want to come along some time and I'll check start time for that date.

Guest Furious_D
It's at Modbury Jets ground, corner of Golden Grove Rd and Milne Rd. On grass pitch under floodlights. We just mark out a pitch to size depending on numbers and sort out teams as even as possible. One important thing I forgot to mention was that it's basically over 35's so you might have to go easy on us old boys. There are a couple of younger guys that sometimes come along. Might at least give you an easy friendly run out til you can get something sorted out re 5 a side team. Some weeks its 7.30 start others 8, depends on whether Jets first team have training night. Let me know if you want to come along some time and I'll check start time for that date.

It would be good to have a kick about to be honest. Would it be okay then if me and my housemate joined you next wednesday? I'd prefer to play on grass anyway, much better than indoor. I wont run you off the park anyway, and I'll tell him to keep it slow!

It would be good to have a kick about to be honest. Would it be okay then if me and my housemate joined you next wednesday? I'd prefer to play on grass anyway, much better than indoor. I wont run you off the park anyway, and I'll tell him to keep it slow!

I've spoken to the boss and thats fine for next Wednesday. Will send you a PM.