North West Meet UP

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi Everyone,

wondered if you fancyed getting to gether.

We are due to arrive in adelaide 05th Jan 2011, and wondered if there was anyone out there in the north west who wanted to get together share advice/notes/experiances!!

it would be great to hear from you

Danielle

Hi Everyone' date='

We are due to arrive in adelaide 05th Jan 2011, and wondered if there was anyone out there in the north west who wanted to get together share advice/notes/experiances!!

Danielle[/quote']

hi hun im up north also form manchester where you from? I see you like to plan ahead :) , good luck with your journey etc and let us know when you arrive :)

Guest Bather's

Hi There, its great to hear from you.

we are from Bolton, I work in Salford.

Need to be organsied, ill feel like ive got loads of time when we get to OZ and everything is settled. ill have to find something else to plan!!!!!

how long have you been in Adelaide?

Bather we are from Hyde originally we came over last November and things are still being sorted out at this end!

Its manic at first but it does start to slow down honest.

If you are having a container to bring you stuff out make sure you bring lots of things....

We are still 7 months later thinking we wished we had put that in.

Keep in touch.

Have a look for this member hes in Whitefield ... Brookesy

Rob and Mel

Hi There' date=' its great to hear from you.

we are from Bolton, I work in Salford.

Need to be organsied, ill feel like ive got loads of time when we get to OZ and everything is settled. ill have to find something else to plan!!!!!

how long have you been in Adelaide?[/quote']

hi hun ive been here almost 2 years from radcliffe originally :)

Guest kangomik

North west Adelaide is Semphore upwards i reckon. If it's north west UK, give us a shout, from Preston originally now live in North East over here. Jan will be a great time to land, nice and sunny, gives us a shout once you arrive if you fancy a cuppa.

Guest aussiewannabee

hi we were from warrington, been here nearly two years now and love it. would love to meet up we live on the north east side of adelaide.

Guest Bather's

Hi

Its good to someone from Radciffe, my o/h & his family are from there.

Can you recomend some areas Adelaide for family living?

Guest Bather's

Thank you everyone for all your posts.

Its great to know there are so many people out there welcome to meet some newbies:biglaugh:.

Can you recomend any great places to live?

Danielle

Guest Ric & Paula

Hi we are from 'ooop north' too,originally from Stockport.We are living in the nw suburbs in Adelaide,been in Semaphore since Feb,good luck with everything,we're always up for meeting people.Good luck again .

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

We arrived Jan just gone, great time to arrive so we are fairly new to Oz. We are from Chorley so not far from you and have settled in Brighton and loving it.:jiggy:

If you need any info or want to meet up for a beer when you arrive give us a shout.

Jo & Tom x

hi to you all. we are from bury and i worked in bolton centre and then harwood aswell. id definately agree to bring as much as you can. so many things small and large we have since wondered why we just didnt bring:unsure:

we have been here nearly two years now and id say come drive around and see the suburbs yourself and get a feel for where you want to live. we were aiming for woodcroft /reynella etc through research on schools and proximity to everything but once arrived loved mclaren vale but couldnt afford the rental prices there so we rent in moana and nearly finished building in seaford rise as the kids are settled in school etc and have made some fantastic friends.

any help just let us know

kathx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brookesy
Hi Everyone' date='

Danielle[/quote']

Hi bathers,

We are from whitefield arriving in adelaide in oct we would be up for a beer and chat when you get over, loades of people from the north west in adelaide it seems. Good luck with your move cu 2011.

Brookesy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nige69

hi danielle we live in southport are going for a reccie in nov looking to move out there sometime in 2011 just wondered if i have missed your get together have you already been on a reccie or are you not bothering why did you choose adelaide have you been before would be great to meet up thanks dawn

Guest Nige69

hi danielle sent reply earlier think i read your post wrong thought you were having a get together here before going to oz but after reading it again i think you mean when you get to oz sorry about that having one of those days sorry for the confusion dawn

Well going off this thread, we might be able to beat little britain (Hallet Cove). North West Adelaide meets the demands of North West England. From Burnley originally and in Ferryden Park and loving Adelaide and the suburb. Keep in touch and we can meet up. Ric and Paula, hope to see you sometime this week. Tony

Guest dena morrison

Hi there Danielle

We too are from the North West. We both grew up there, lived in Walkden so know good old Salford very well. I used to work in Hope High now known as the Academy! I lived in Peel Green but Gordon lived in Salford as a boy!

Hope all is going well your end. We live in Seaford (close to the beach!) Any thoughts on your location here?

Make the most of Hollands Meat Pies (lol)

Dena & Gordon

Guest Bather's

Hi There everyone,

thank you for so many replys.

We went over last year to activate our visa's, but we went to Perth. it was lovely but for some unknown reason we have just been really drawn to Adelaide, although we have never been there. we are in the mind of "like moving anywhere, if we dont like it we will keep moving on untill we settle", we have never settled in the uk since flying the nest and have moved 3 times over the last 6 years......

We would love to meet anyone before we go or after we arrive, the next frw weeks are a little crazy but sure we could get something in.

Shipping company due 3 wks today!!!

Moving in with in-laws 2-3wks

Flights booked

Bank accounts opened

Little boy wants to go yesterday!!:biglaugh:

Thanks

Danielle

Guest Woody and Jane

Would love to hear a North West accent ! from Manchester, 8 months in Adelaide, they will make fun of your accent... be prepared (all in good fun though)

Guest Nige69

hi we are going to adelaide to register our visas in nov where are you going in adelaide it would be great to meet up before you go if you get the chance i live in southport dawn