anyone from essex

duncan-clan

The ammers !!!!

Im trying to rack my brains about them. ...no thats the spurs im thinking about:biglaugh:

Duncan clan, I come from one of the biggest known Essex family's but funnily enough they all come from oop north really.

We have a DNA project and you will probably find out that you re part of it too.

The James DNA project is what its called, most of the work is being done in Perth.

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

Yes, wow it is a small world!!!:) We love Banbury only been a few times but its fab!

Weve only been in Dav 3 yrs, small town- like it though.

Nikki

Suppose I should put my hand up and confess to being another Essex Girl! Last lived in Hatfield Peverel, just outside Chelmsford in Essex, grew up just outside Brentwood. My Mum comes from Dagenham and husband worked there for many years (and Halewood, and Swansea, and Basildon - guess who he worked for ;))

When you come to Adelaide, we'll have an Olde Essex meet up!!

Diane

tina and steve

hornchurch only a stone throw away my partner lived in ardleigh green (cecil avenue) we hope to getting our visa s very soon they were sent beginning of september so you never know we hope to be in oz the christmas or in early part of the year so we can get the end of there summer

alex

fingers crossed it does happen that quick x but we will still have to sell the house and houses dont seem to be moving very quick at the mo.

Are you taking kids with you?

we are taking our 4 year old Lewis and hope our 17 year old Mitchell will make his mind up about coming by the time the visa is granted.

We applied on the 19th of sept 175 in demand skilled visa, how about you? do you have a CO yet? wher abouts in Adelaide do you think your settle or are you not sure yet.

Keep us updated it will be nice to see how you get on.

Tina

im in two minds just to sell up now and go...i really cant stand england anymore we are going to rent in a plce called mawson lakes its got new lot of homes min 5 years old,im taking both kids jodie 4years and maddie 4months as for selling homes in dagenham houses are selling quite quickly if your not sure about places to rent try this site www.realestate.com.au i found this a very good and helpfull place to look

I'm on that site all the time and they send me alerts all the time sad aint I ha ha.

houses do sell here but at the mo there are so many on the market everyone went mad and put their houses on the market b4 this hib came in. bugger! we want to get the house done so no one can go knocking the price down.

We are gunna stay with friends when we 1st get there in wynn vale til we get jobs sorted.

do you go on the www.britishexpats.com site it has loads of iinfo

Tina

Hi Duncan Clan and Tina and Steve - Mawson Lakes and Wynn Vale are both to the North East of Adelaide so I congratulate you on your choices - drop me a line when you get here and we'll get together for an ex-essex coffee/glass of wine (with Wendy who is also from Essex if she can make it).

Did make me smile when I read where you're both heading for - I have this theory that the further north in Britain you lived, the further south in Adelaide you head, and vice versa, so there are a lot of Essex and Kent people heading for this side of town! There are some lovely places round here, and the North generally is a boom-town as far as jobs and work go, so as I said, good choice :-)

Diane

Thank you Diane, will take you up on you offer when we get to Adelaide. It will be nice to swap white shoes and have a dance or 2 round our handbags lol.

Our friends who live in Wynn Vale love it there ( they arrived in Feb 07) and Highbury is one of the places they looked at and they have good reports of it too. Our friend my have lined Steve up with a job there too so we'll live where the work is.

Take care

Tina 37 childcare worker, Steve 34 hairdresser/barber and Lewis 4 pain.