2 week up date

Guest mike and tor

Guest mike and tor

Ok, I got here on Sunday 31st May at 8pm. I was greeted by a very nice woman and her husband. So thanks to Ellaine (sorry may have spelt your name wrong). She took me to the house that she helped me get a room in. Very nice, I would fully endorse this house/room.

So what has occured since then? Well I started work on the Wednesday and have really enjoyed the community nursing climate and attitudes. No way have I found the practice 'backwards' are lower than the UK. In fact they are more advanced than the Kiwi's.

As for Adelaide, its a very well thought out city. Not to big to get lost and small enough to get lost. The people have been friendly. I recall waiting on the train station platform waiting to get on the train and a nice man approached me and asked where i was from and showed me how to get on the train (I did know). On the topic of trains, they are clean and ontime. Quite strange.

I had been told how cheap it was to eat out, and found this to be true. I had a really nice chinese in the city and it worked out at $8. per person.

There lots of different types of cultures and people from lots of different places. So I suppose you could say it is quite diverse. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

i have to laugh at these ozzies. They are walking round all wrapped up like it is cold. It has been 15c and I am tempted to walk around in a vest and shorts, but dont have the courage.

I have looked around at some rental property, and not yet got used to the strict application process of having to produce more id and bank statments than i needed to for the visa! and even then there is no garuntee that you will get the place. I, like most people back in the UK have looked on the internet at accomadation and looked on the map and then made up my mind where I wanted to live ie 15km from work. I suggest you dont do this as when you get here you will see that it may not suit as the distance is to great (well that is what i have found).

The beaches are great, the water is great and the fish n chips are not that bad.

So my inital impression is that it is a nice place and I am happy to be here.

Hope this helps.

Guest kangomik

Excelent post.

I love the clothing part, i remember arriving not too many moons agao and wondering why every one had coats on at 22 in the city.

A while later i hate to admit i am in that brigade, the blood thins ever so quickly. Its cold at night the heater goes on along with the extra quilt LOL, roll on spring

Ok, I got here on Sunday 31st May at 8pm. I was greeted by a very nice woman and her husband. So thanks to Ellaine (sorry may have spelt your name wrong). She took me to the house that she helped me get a room in. Very nice, I would fully endorse this house/room.

So what has occured since then? Well I started work on the Wednesday and have really enjoyed the community nursing climate and attitudes. No way have I found the practice 'backwards' are lower than the UK. In fact they are more advanced than the Kiwi's.

As for Adelaide, its a very well thought out city. Not to big to get lost and small enough to get lost. The people have been friendly. I recall waiting on the train station platform waiting to get on the train and a nice man approached me and asked where i was from and showed me how to get on the train (I did know). On the topic of trains, they are clean and ontime. Quite strange.

I had been told how cheap it was to eat out, and found this to be true. I had a really nice chinese in the city and it worked out at $8. per person.

There lots of different types of cultures and people from lots of different places. So I suppose you could say it is quite diverse. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

i have to laugh at these ozzies. They are walking round all wrapped up like it is cold. It has been 15c and I am tempted to walk around in a vest and shorts, but dont have the courage.

I have looked around at some rental property, and not yet got used to the strict application process of having to produce more id and bank statments than i needed to for the visa! and even then there is no garuntee that you will get the place. I, like most people back in the UK have looked on the internet at accomadation and looked on the map and then made up my mind where I wanted to live ie 15km from work. I suggest you dont do this as when you get here you will see that it may not suit as the distance is to great (well that is what i have found).

The beaches are great, the water is great and the fish n chips are not that bad.

So my inital impression is that it is a nice place and I am happy to be here.

Hope this helps.

Give it 2 years or so mate and 15 will seem cold....great post tho....

HG

Guest clare

Thats great to hear we come out in less than 2 weeks now and are really looking forward to it!

Thanks for sharing your first 2 weeks with us it really makes a difference when your in the U.k about to come out to the unknown.

Hope alll goes well for you!:)

I've been here 14 mths now and yesterday I wore 4 layers and a scarf on the way to work, lmao!

Enjoy Adelaide! xxx

I've been here for 20 years and still get out the shorts when the sun's out in winter. I never need more than short sleeves and a jacket. I'm the only person on the morning train with my jacket off. Warm blooded is great! Trains are too damn hot though!