A Dog without the commitment !!!!

Thorpe1

Hi Guys,

This is a bit of a long story but the short version is that I have a dear friend in the HIGHBURY area who is desperately looking for a dog lover, who does not want the commitment of owning a dog.

Basically she has an 11 month old German Shorthaired Pointer who recently lost his best friend. Now he howls all day when left alone, causing the neighbours to be knocking on the door with worry. My friends husband works shifts and she works days so there are days when 'Ralph' is left alone for up to 10 hours.

I know this is probably a bit of a long shot but is there anyone in this area that would like to babysit a dog on the odd day, maybe take him for a walk. Or if anyone is at home would they like him for company. He is an absolute treasure and I live south (and have two GSP's of my own) otherwise I would help.

I have suggested to my friend that she do a leaflet drop in her local area, thinking that there may ne someone elderly, or who works from home that would like the company.

My friends hubby works 2 days then 2 nights (so he needs to sleep). he then has 4 days off so it would not be every day.

Anyone know anyone that might fit the bill

Thanks for reading this

Karen

Adelaidenow,

Thanks very much Di has passed on your details and I have passed them onto my friend Anita. Hope fully she will e mail you and can sort something out.

David - Thanks for your offer but they are living in Highbury so a bit far for them to come

Many Thanks

Karen

i live in hallett cove think a bit too far ,but if your stuck would love to help

• 3 weeks later...