Payneham Get together????

Seipeal1

Hi,

We are an Irish couple living in Payneham in the NE of the city. Although we love it here, we need to find some friends from the UK/Ireland!!! We are 45 and 39 and the kids are 13 and 3.

Coffee mornings with wifey, parties, nights out with alcohol (lots of it??!!), kids days out at weekends??? We are not too fussy and consider ourselves normal and easygoing. Any takers???

Guest Annette and Tim

Hi there, we live in Athelstone so not far from you. Me and my partner are from Sheffield in the UK and have been here just over a year, we have 2 kids, Emily age 6 and Sullivan 3 and a half. I spent some time in Ireland as my best friend moved there and I loved the people and the place. We would love to meet up on family doos, or if you just want to meet for a coffee just let me know. Annette (The alchohol bit looks particularly good - this must be to do with having a three year old! Boy or Girl?)

Guest cubton

Hi Seipeal1

We are living in Magill and would be up for a get together, could arrange an afternoon at the Tap Inn, they have an indoor golf driving range so that would keep the kids amused for at least 10 mins : 0 anyone else interested

Regards

Tony

By the way, have you ever been in the RSL at Payneham? I often drive past and wonder what it's like - when my parents lived in Sydney (long, long time ago!) apparently the RSL clubs were the place to go - cheap beer, I think it was! The other one I drive past is the one right next door to Yatala Prison, but that may be quite different.....!!

Hi Guys,

I'd love a meet up, have 2 children Kieran 7 yrs and Maya 5 yrs. We live in Hazelwood Park, Payneham's only a 10 min drive away. If mrs wants to meet up for coffee, I'm up for it. Really any type of meet up sounds good.

Let me know Prema xx

Ps, Diane can't wait to meet you, my little cyber friend!!!!

By the way, have you ever been in the RSL at Payneham? - when my parents lived in Sydney (long, long time ago!) apparently the RSL clubs were the place to go - cheap beer, I think it was! ...!!

I was told RSL's are good community type clubs, but we called in the Salisbury one, and were the youngest in there by about 50 yrs, the place was wall to wall pensioners, bingo and organist, me and the hubby couldn't keep up with the dancing, so we had swift pint and left!!!!!!

Hi all,

Delighted that there are so many replies and that there are people out there in the same situation as ourselves. Annette, you are correct. 3 year old girl forces us to seek respite in alcohol!!!! Have not been in the rsl club yet so no idea what that one is like. Will organise a morning coffee meet up for the next week or so and post details over weekend and take it from there. There is a whacky warehouse kids club near here somewhere where you can have a coffee and relax whilst the kids play. Would anybody be into meeting up at one of those? Think it costs a few dollars per kid????? Let us know and we will research it in the next 24 hours.

Thanks again,

Mick and Dee.