Baby groups and North East meet up

Guest mandmick

Guest mandmick

Hi

Just had our second child. Have to say I was extremely impressed with Lyell Mc Ewin Hospital, the staff and facilities are amazing.

I'm now looking into playgroups etc as I only arrived in Adelaide last October so not really had much chance to meet up with mums to be or new mums!

Does anyone know of any groups near Golden Grove area.. although I don't mind travelling out of the area.

I was also going to suggest a get together with NE ladies, as I had a nice lunch with a few of you a while ago at Buongiorno.. so if you would like to meet up again, it would be great to see you.

Mandy

Guest ninaperks

Lovely to hear that you think Lyell Mac was good for you to have your baby there. We are thinking about hospitals as want to have another baby soon. But there is so much to think about and whether to go private or not! We live in Golden Grove so Lyell would be the one we would go to. Hope you find a baby group too! x

Guest katieb

Hi Mandy,

So pleased to hear all went went for the birth of your second child, congratulations.

Can definitely recommend the Kindergym at Tea Tree Gully. They have special classes in the afternoon's for 0-2 year olds. This is their website:-

Classes - Tea Tree Gully Gymsports, Womens Artistic Gymnastics, General Gym, Trampolining, Cheerleading, Kindergym

You are also welcome to join the get togethers on Thursday morning's in park's and play cafe's which I think I have mentioned to you before?

If you are also considering Child Care at a later time can recommend The Keithcott Farm Centre in Wynn Vale but you will need to get in early as the waiting list is long.

Hope this helps,

Katie

Guest mandmick

Nina

If you want any help with the whole maternity system here, just shout! I went through the public system and was very impressed. We have private health care also, but I was already pregnant so they wouldn't cover the birth. When I spoke to the midwife at hospital she said the only difference was a free newspaper and tv! and your consultant, but as most obstetricians are city based, I just didn't want to travel there for every appointment. I had all my ante natal at Modbury and they were also great.

Good Luck!

Guest mandmick

Thanks Katie, look forward to meeting up with you all. I still have your e mail and number so will give you a call once my visitors have left!

Guest mandmick

Hi Nikki

George was born 21st June, we're all well thanks!

I'd love to catch up with you again,

I'll give you a call once my viistors have left!

Mandy x

keep me posted on this one due to have number 3 at lyle mac in october so good to hear it went well:D get together sounds good tho will have to be in walking distance as i don't drive :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jo1980

Congratulations on the birth of your second child. I live at Greenwith and I'm always on the look out for groups to bring my nearly three year old daughter to. Is there a meet up arranged soon that we could tag along to?