Xmas Getogether

Guest JanS

:)Hi to ALL YOUl Adelaidians (ex brits)

Thanks for your messages and its great to see there are a few ex-brits out there who would like to meet up near Xmas time.

I would like to suggest the following:

Venue: Modbury Civic Park, North East Rd (opposite Westfield Tea Tree Plaza) very easy to find.

Date: Saturday 15th December at 12.00 noon

I think this could be an ideal place, free car park area, has BBQ facility, kids play area, large park area for adults to play LOL, and most important, should it be a warm day, there are trees that provide great shading. The park is actually right next to the Modbury Hotel/Pub which will be handy to use the toilet/wash facilities and yes, you can nip in for a pint.

I would suggest that everyone brings a picnic lunch or use the bbq. If preferred, I am happy to make enquries to obtain a caterer on the day but of course that would be at a cost but it should'nt be that expensive (probably around $12/$15 per head.

Could I ask you now to just let me know whether you can join us and whether you would prefer for me to enquire about a buffet as I will need approximate numbers. I will then contact the council to see whether I can reserve an area for us to use and ask if they are able to provide tables/chairs etc. Thank you... Jan

Guest ozadele

Sounds like a great idea, especially as xmas can be a difficult time being away from family and friends.

We would love to be involved and an outdoor BBQ sounds great.

Guest guest569
We will be up for it, venue, date, price dependent - see how the no's go.

Angela

I will be having the xmas dinner at home then my annual xmas swim in the sea.:P

After that i'll be up for a party .

Keep me informed please.:notworthy:

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Jan

Yes put us down for a get together, will have Deb's dad staying with us but we can either come along or babysit.....depending on what you're thinking of doing

:notworthy:

Guest Tracey Smith

That sounds like a great idea, have been wondering what it is going to be like just the three of us, when we are used to large family get togethers.

We arrived on 5th September and things are going well so far.

Tracey, Kevin and Ryan Smith

Woodcroft

Guest familyheaver

Hi,

we would love to come along for a xmas BBQ or whatever! We are 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 7) if you need numbers. Keep us informed of ideas/date etc.

Karen, Shaun, Megan and Sam :wubclub: