Running group

Guest jackielou

Guest jackielou

hi there looking to start a sociable running group seaford / noarlunga area for regular meet ups on a tue thurs eve about 6pm ish....

as the only group i have found is glenelg runners and i just dont want a half hr drive there and back..... although they sound like the sort of group i would like to be with !!!!

im thinking all abilities from starters to advanced to assist with beginners, so there would be regrouping and maybe some walkers if they need to.

looking to do about 5k routes so if there is any one out there who would like to come and meet up or is familiar with the area and routes please come along and join this post and maybe we can have a running group for all abilities !!!!

any takers ?????

ps im not a proffesional runner or coach or even that great at running but i love it and its very sociable and everyone CAN do it ....:)

05/11/2010

Ok, so the running group is well under way,so thanks to those who have showed interest and showed up for the runs.

We are meeting on a Tues at the moment at 5.45pm from the car park opposite the costa veiw cafe, port noarlunga south.

And on a Thurs at 7.00pm from the same place.

All abilities welcome to come and join us.

Disclaimer : when you run/jog/walk with our group you do so at your own risk ! This is not a proffesionally run session and you will not be required to pay any fees to come along. It is just a social group for people who would like to get out and do some form of exercise with like minded people.

We look forward to meeting you !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi I would be up for the Tuesday night. I definatly not a runner but would love to get better. I can just about manage 1km running. Cant to this Tuesday though but let me know when you going to start.

Michelle

Guest jackielou

ok how about tue 19th oct at port noarlunga south we can use the esplanade track there ?

thinking of doing 5 min intervals with 1- 2 mins for regrouping catching breath !

there is a car park nr the wooden stairs that go down to the sea im thinking of all meeting there !!!

walkers joggers runners all welcome !!!

Guest The Dimmocks
ok how about tue 19th oct at port noarlunga south we can use the esplanade track there ?

thinking of doing 5 min intervals with 1- 2 mins for regrouping catching breath !

there is a car park nr the wooden stairs that go down to the sea im thinking of all meeting there !!!

Sounds good to me, although may need more than 1-2 mins for catching of breath LOL. What road is the car park on as not to sure of the area. Will PM you my mobile number then if anything changes can let me know.

Michelle

hope to be there although container just arrives on 18th so might not have found trainers by then

Guest jackielou

hi there !!!

are we still up for tomorrows meet at 6pm ?

i will be there any way its of weatherald terrace and berswick street that lead onto the esplanade so i thought maybe if we changed the meet point to the car park opposite the costaveiw motel/cafe it might be easier to find it...

it is port noarlunga south end !!

see you there

oh and if you wanna join us n y one else feel free to come along for a lesuierly jog

( even if you think ..".i cant run " as you can ) you will be made very welcome

Guest The Dimmocks
hi there !!!

i will be there any way its of weatherald terrace and berswick street that lead onto the esplanade so i thought maybe if we changed the meet point to the car park opposite the costaveiw motel/cafe it might be easier to find it...

see you there

oh and if you wanna join us n y one else feel free to come along for a lesuierly jog

I will be there, looking forward to it. Michelle

hi there !!!

see you there

will come next week if your going, not found trainers while unpacking yet!

Guest jackielou

Running tonight at 6pm from the carpark opposite cafe/surf shop port noarlunga south. Opposite Wembly street on the Esplanade.....

All welcome for a sociable run/jog/walk !

Any questions pm me x

Guest jackielou

hi there wendy, yes we are running next tues at 5,45 pm from the same place as listed, please come along and dont worry about not being much of a runner you will be fine with us.....

Guest jackielou

running group 5.45 pm from the car park on the esplanade at port noarlunga south !!! Opp the costa vista motel and cafe....

tuesday the 2nd of november

see you all there !

Guest jackielou

hi all ! yes last night was a good run for all...well done. 2/11/10

We will be adding an extra night which will be a thurs eve, this will have a later start time of 7.00pm, so if you fancy coming along please arrive a few minutes earlier to allow for a prompt start. We will be doing the same sort of distance app 5k.

So next weeks runs will be : tues 9/11/10 at 5.45pm - from the car park opposite the costa veiw cafe, on the esplanade, port noarlunga south...

and : thurs 11/11/10 at 7.00pm from the same place

all level of runners welcome, please arrive a few minutes earlier to allow for prompt start and most of all a quick chat before we head off.

So come on down get ya joggers on and lets go !

Guest KevnCarol

Hi Jackielou

Have just come across this post - would love to come along for a little walk/jog - not the best jogger also not done much exercise for a while but would like to start doing something again. I unfortunately can't come this week coming up as working afternoon shifts but if still going the following week would like to come along if poss.

Will keep an eye on the thread and hopefully see you all then

Carol

Guest jackielou

Tonights run 09/11/10

5.45pm car park opp costa veiw cafe port noarlunga south (opposite wembly street )

Its going to be a warm one so please use your common sense and bring something to drink.....

See you down there !