Are there Brownies in oz?

Willber

Guest westie1972

We are moving over in December, my daughter currently goes to Rainbows and goes upto Brownies in April. I think that they have girl guides in Australia, from 5-18 years old. My daughter Hannah wants to join the guides in Adelaide, so when we arrive we will have to find a group near to where we are going to live.

Hi Ali

if you google Girlguides.org.au you'll find the official site of the Girl Guides in Australia - I've looked into this myself before and I know there are brownie/guide groups there. Not sure of what areas etc, but I'm sure if you check the site you might find something :D

Kim

Guest westie1972
There is also JOEYS (cubs)to consider, which my daughter attends.

They can start at age 6. My son attends too & I find it easier if they can do the same things rather than individually as they are close in age. There are several girls who attend & i think fees are lower than girl guides.

Is Joeys advertised in the paper and do they have a website? I'm sure my daughter would love to join them too :D

Is Joeys advertised in the paper and do they have a website? I'm sure my daughter would love to join them too :D

Scouts Australia - SA Branch - Home

Hallett Cove Scout Group

links to main scouts website & the group my 2 attend in Hallett Cove.

You can attend for the first 3 weeks for free, just to try it out to see if you like it.

Sarah