golf buddies wanted

Guest karen123

Guest karen123

Looking for a group of english guys to play golf locally i am originally from blackpool and would like to get a good social life sorted I am finding it hard to find mates that like a round of golf, a pint or three and a game of snooker if you fancy it let me know available most saturday and sundays for a round

Karen 123,

Hi we play every Sunday without fail and we also organize Golf on Saturdays as well, and sometimes during the week after work as well. We play at different courses througout Adelaide, the most common being Mt Barker, because its an hard course and also Patawalonga at The Shores in West Beach, facing Harbour Town/Airport. We tend to start anytime from 06:30 am to 9:00 am. It keeps the wives happy, plus not as hot and you have the rest of the day to sunbath.

At this moment in time we have six members in our little group from the ages of 31 to 45 years old. Every week one of the lads text everyone with a round up of everyones scores and where and when the next booking are. All of the players are good, but I am crap but improving slightly. It's great banter and you have just missed out a great BBQ this weekend gone.

Send me a PM and I will contact you back regarding our next scheduled game, I am also free for a game this weekend if you are up for it. Beware I only started in March and the best i have done Patawolonga is 105 and thats good for me lol.

Shaun you are welcome to come along as well. Karen and Sean I will send you my phone number and we can sort something out. Look forward to hearing from you soon

Tony

• 2 years later...
Hi, are you still doing this as I would love to be involved!

We intend to arrive in December, so PM me with the details

phil

Hi Phil

Yes we are still going strong and continually play golf every Sunday and midweek games during the summer if players are interested. For instance Richard and I are playing at Marino (9 hole) at 5:00pm tonight for the cost of $10.00 and then on Sunday we are playing at McCraken Links Course (18 hole) in Victor Harbour for the price of $40.00.

How we go about attending our games. One of our friends called Richard Henderson as set up a website on facebook and people just add themselves to that facebook page. We put an event on every week for golf and if you would like to attend then you just accept the event or put maybe or decline. We are just a large bunch of guys from all parts of Adelaide playing a friendly game of golf at least once per week. We have great banter and there are various handicappers, for instance: I play off 28 and never changed and some other players play off 28 as well. But then again we have players playing off 6, 12,14, 16 ,18, etc.... We use the stableford points system.

In Summer there is always some golf player having a BBQ, so you will not be short of friends............

So what you need to do is add yourself to Adelaide Golflovers on facebook, if you do not use facebook like some of our friends, they just use their wife's facebook account. Again please do join in the banter as we always do a write up every week regarding the games we have played. (I do the write ups).

I look forward to meeting up with you in December. If there are any other questions you need to ask send me your phone number and I am willing to give you a phone call, for a chat. Where are you hoping to live, what areas do you have in mind?

See ya soon mate

Tony

Edited by snifter

Hi Tony,

I'd be interested in joining up for a game too. I used to play a bit back home but been a few years since I've played regularly. I swore when I came here 2 years ago I'd play more but the clubs are just gathering dust. I'm going to try and get out to the range over the next few weeks and try get some lessons. Gonna have a look at the Facebook page and maybe try meet up with you all for a game in a couple of weeks if yous have something on.

Peter

Guest Phil&Miche

Hi Tony

Thanks for getting back to me, I was a little worried thatthe post was too old for anyone to answer it! I must say that after looking atthe courses on the websites you have picked a couple of beauties to play and I cannotwait to dust off the clubs and have a little bit of golf with the sun on myback.

I’ll add myself to that FB page too and look forwards tomeeting you on the course and having a BBQ afterwards!

As regards where we are hoping to settle, I would appreciateyour advice on short term lets as we have not got jobs sorted yet – Miche comesfrom an admin background and I work as a bank manager for my sins! If you canrecommend anywhere, I’d be grateful for the help.

Phil

Edited by snifter

Hi Pete

You are most welcome to come to our golf games anytime. We are playing this Sunday at McCraken Links course in Victor Harbour if you fancy attending. Another newcomer called Kevin is also attending this Sunday. If not able to attend this Sunday just accept the event when you would like to attend golf.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'd be interested in joining up for a game too. I used to play a bit back home but been a few years since I've played regularly. I swore when I came here 2 years ago I'd play more but the clubs are just gathering dust. I'm going to try and get out to the range over the next few weeks and try get some lessons. Gonna have a look at the Facebook page and maybe try meet up with you all for a game in a couple of weeks if yous have something on.

Peter

Edited by snifter

• 1 year later...

Hi all! Just logged into this site ... Eventually! I am a keen golfer. A little rusty, just like my clubs! Moved over from Kent 18 months ago! I haven't played since arriving. I would like to meet up for a game if you are still playing! I'm in the wynn vale area but happy to travel!

look forward to hearing from you.

cheers

Hi Hausen

We are a bunch of English blokes who just enjoy a game of golf every Sunday. We play the Stableford handicap system, so there is no pressure to win, its taking the part. We play at community golf courses all round South Australia pricing from $30 to $43.

We have a facebook account called Adelaide Golflovers, you need to join that, if you do not have a facebook account, just use your partners facebook account. The winner every Sunday books their choice of golf course for the following week and the loser completes a write up, or should say a piss-take. We then put an event up on the Adelaide Golflovers facebook account and yoyu either add that you are going or decline. There is no pressure to turn up, we are not a society. We tend book golf tee off times between 8:00am to 09:15am. We have mix handicaps from 33 down to 18.

My phone number is 0449119334 if you want a chat, etc.....

My friend Richard Henderson who hosts the facebook account.

Tony

Hi everyone

My Dad is over from the UK for 9 months and is hoping to use some of that time catching up on his golf. He has been to the local course at Belair and is hoping to visit Flagstaff and Blackwood soon. Unfortunately my skill level is the driving range so he needs to find a golf buddy or 2. He turned 60 this year but acts like he is 50!

If anyone fancies a game especially during the week please let me know.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig we a bunch of English blokes who play every Sunday morning, we play all over the metropolitan areas of Adelaide, we play stableford and it's not a society so there is no membership just come and go as you please. If you look at Adelaide Golflovers on Facebook and join you can then add yourself to the events for golf. If you require a chat give me a call on 0449119334. Tony