Expectant / new mums living near Seaford

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Hi All,

I've just found out I'm expecting TWINS in May, was just wondered if there are any other expectant or new mums living nearby who would like to meet up?

This is my first pregnancy in Australia, my daughter is nearly 10, so the health system etc is new to me, how have other mums found their treatment and where did you give birth?

We have no family living here for support, so it would be lovely to meet other mums and make new friends.

Hopefully hear from you soon

Nina

Guest The Dimmocks

Congratulations on your news. Our twins have just turned 3. You still recovering from the shock LOL, I know it didnt sink it with me until I had them. Cant help on health system here when pregnant but sure others will be able to give their experiences.

Michelle x

Hi Nina,

Congratulations!

I was 5 months pregnant when we moved over to Adelaide and found the maternity care absolutely fantastic and couldn't complain about anything.

I had Tom at the Womens and Childrens hospital (slightly north of the city) and they were great. They also supply lots of free courses for preparation for the birth (if you need reminding) and also provide yoga classes (they was a lady with twins in my class).

I think the only slight downside is that the aftercare is not so extensive as in the UK with only a couple of visit at home, but with twins I'm sure that will be different.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions happy to help :-).

Hope this helps.

Katie

Guest guest3462

Hi Nina, congratulations!!! I am 6 months pregnant with our 3rd little girl but it is my first Aussie baby! We are just down the road in Aldinga if you ever fancy a meet up. The antenatal care from flinders/ noarlunga has been great so far and we only had to pay for the scans up to 12 weeks. We're off back to uk tomorow for 2 weeks but give me a shout after that and we'll meet for coffee. Hope yu are feeling well.

Julia x

Guest The Morleys
Hi Nina,

Congratulations!

I was 5 months pregnant when we moved over to Adelaide and found the maternity care absolutely fantastic and couldn't complain about anything.

I had Tom at the Womens and Childrens hospital (slightly north of the city) and they were great. They also supply lots of free courses for preparation for the birth (if you need reminding) and also provide yoga classes (they was a lady with twins in my class).

I think the only slight downside is that the aftercare is not so extensive as in the UK with only a couple of visit at home, but with twins I'm sure that will be different.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions happy to help :-).

Hope this helps.

Katie

Hi Katie, Thanks for the reply, I'll be having mine at Flinders because it is closer for me living down south. If I think of any other questions i'll give you a shout,

Thanks

Nina x

Guest The Morleys
Hi Nina, congratulations!!! I am 6 months pregnant with our 3rd little girl but it is my first Aussie baby! We are just down the road in Aldinga if you ever fancy a meet up. The antenatal care from flinders/ noarlunga has been great so far and we only had to pay for the scans up to 12 weeks. We're off back to uk tomorow for 2 weeks but give me a shout after that and we'll meet for coffee. Hope yu are feeling well.

Julia x

Hi Julie, It'd be lovely to meet up, I'm a nurse too, I work at the RAH in Emergency (not sure how thats gonna go when Im heavily pregnant with twins!) Give me a shout when you get back from England (and you've recovered from jet lag), I hear they're expecting snow and the temp has been down to -2!

Thanks for getting in touch,

Nina x

Hi Nina, congratulations, i have just had my 3rd bub, 1st ozzie bub after a 10 year gap, i'm north and had him at the midwife run unit at the llyell mccewin, the before care has been amazing, tho boardering on the slightly too cautious and over the top ( better safe than sorry i guess!) also i found the after care just as good, it is there if you need it, having a baby here was so positive and far better than my experience in the uk. good luck xx

Guest The Morleys

Hi Weez,

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a 10 year age gap between my daughter and the twins as well. How have you found it? I figure it has to be better than having a toddler and new borns because she'll be a huge help, shes really excited and cant wait to play mum!

Nina

x

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi Nina,

congratulations! Twins are great fun :) we've got four year old twins, an eighteen month old and i'm 32 weeks pregnant :)

this is our first aussie baby as our youngest was 11 weeks when we got here.

i've been pleased with my care, tho i do think it was better in the uk in some respects, but that is probably cos of where i'm from in the uk! i've just spent four days in flinders hospital tho due to complications and i was very impressed with the care and the hospital - makes the hospital in the uk look like its from the third world lol!

any questions please ask away, but i think the care is very similar to the uk, i guess cos you're having twins you might be classed at higher risk? also i guess you'll be given the option of an elective section. i had an elective section with my twins and will be havin my third with this baby - fantastic, no problems and very speedy recoveries :)

all the best, let me know if you ever fancy meeting up, we're in the same suburb lol!

Hels (28)

Blimey Hels, you must be wonder woman !!! LOL!

Nina i have 2 older BOYS (13 & 10) not the most helpful or interested species!! it is easier than having another little one but i found as i was 10 years older, the pregnancy harder, and i guess with twins you might! the sleepless nights seem harder this time as well, but i am absolutely loving it and making the most of every second with my little man as i know he will be our last ( i was secretly hoping for twins!)

Also thru some early test results there was some concerns about bubs when i was carrying him so i was VERY closely monitored, there were not leaving anything to chance, i have never experience such thorough care and in the hospital it felt like i had gone private, the facilities and care were outstanding.

X

Guest The Morleys
Hi Nina,

congratulations! Twins are great fun :) we've got four year old twins, an eighteen month old and i'm 32 weeks pregnant :)

this is our first aussie baby as our youngest was 11 weeks when we got here.

i've been pleased with my care, tho i do think it was better in the uk in some respects, but that is probably cos of where i'm from in the uk! i've just spent four days in flinders hospital tho due to complications and i was very impressed with the care and the hospital - makes the hospital in the uk look like its from the third world lol!

any questions please ask away, but i think the care is very similar to the uk, i guess cos you're having twins you might be classed at higher risk? also i guess you'll be given the option of an elective section. i had an elective section with my twins and will be havin my third with this baby - fantastic, no problems and very speedy recoveries :)

all the best, let me know if you ever fancy meeting up, we're in the same suburb lol!

Hels (28)

Hi Hels,

Wow you're gonna have your hands full. Where abouts in Seaford do you live? it'd be great to meet up.

Glad you had a good experience at Flinders as thats where I'm having mine. I asked about having an elective C-section because I had a horrible experience with labour last time and I'm dreading going through it again, but they said they'd see how things went as they think a natural birth is best and said that recovery from a section would be much longer. But I think I'm going to push for a C-Section.

Talk to you soon

Nina

Hi Bev,

Thanks, we're all very happy here and I really enjoy my job. When do you think you'll make the move?

Nina

Glad everyones well and that the job is good. Hoping to be there by August next year fingers crossed everything goes to plan! I don't know whether to start contacting the hospitals with CV etc or wait a bit longer. Any advice?

Bev

Guest The Morleys
Glad everyones well and that the job is good. Hoping to be there by August next year fingers crossed everything goes to plan! I don't know whether to start contacting the hospitals with CV etc or wait a bit longer. Any advice?

Bev

Hi bev.

Has your 176 visa been granted yet? How long did it take / did diac say it would take? We've applied for a 176 as we're only on a 457 at the moment and have been told that they are still currently processing 2009 applicants!

As for jobs, I'd start sending your cv off now. It can't hurt and the admin side of things can take a while even once they've offered you a job.

I got this job I'm doing now before I'd even started the visa process and they were prepared to wait for me.

Good luck let me know how it goes

Nina

Guest seekingsunshine
Hi Hels,

Wow you're gonna have your hands full. Where abouts in Seaford do you live? it'd be great to meet up.

Glad you had a good experience at Flinders as thats where I'm having mine. I asked about having an elective C-section because I had a horrible experience with labour last time and I'm dreading going through it again, but they said they'd see how things went as they think a natural birth is best and said that recovery from a section would be much longer. But I think I'm going to push for a C-Section.

Talk to you soon

Nina

Hi Nina,

they seem to be quite 'open' to women having c sections here (much more so than uk) i think if you pushed for it just a little you would get your section.

i did quite a bit of research where i found a lot of info on how distressing labor can be for 'twin 2'. my 'twin 2' also had the cord wwrapped round his neck twice, so i would have needed an emergency section anyway!

both my previous sections were in uk and like i said, really positive experienes. i was out of hospital after three nights with twins (only stayed so long so could sort breastfeeding) and was in two nights with 2nd section :) i was driving after both sections within 3 weeks. so i'm hoping for a similar experience in australia!

i will pm about meeting up nina! x

• 1 month later...
Guest sarahmcculloch

Hey Nina

Great news congrats.

I live in seaford and have had my first aussie baby who is now 8months. I had him at Flinders and found the care to be amazing. After having my daughter in the UK Aussie was a million times better. If you want to meet up at any stage please feel free to contact me.

All the best sarah

Guest The Morleys

Hi Sarah, thanks for your post it's nice to here that you had a good experience at flinders. How old is your other daughter, I have a 9 year old daughter, big age gap but at least she'll be able to help out.

Where abouts in Seaford are you living? We're at Seaford meadows but are moving into our new house in 3 weeks at Seaford rise.

I'd love to meet up some time but at the moment things are pretty crazy as I'm still working full time in the city and packing ready for the move and it's summer hols so my daughter is off school! Can't wait to start maternity leave to have a break lol.

I'll get in touch soon as we're settled in new house.

Keep in touch

Nina x