meet-up with young kids

Guest roula

Hi

We are in the Glandore area and have two girls, ages 3 and 5. They would love to play with some kids their age and I could do with some adult conversation! We have been doing lots of fun stuff with them but it would be great to have some company.

roula

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chandan

Hi Roula,

We are in Edwardstown, I have a 4.5 year old boy and a soon to be 1 little boy. At the moment I am an at home mum , with now 7 weeks of kindy holidays to fill! Would very much like to have a decent adult conversation during the day!!

Danni

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mia Adelaide

Hi Roula

We have moved back to Adelaide 3 weeks ago, I have a 4.5 year old girl who speaks fluent greek and english. She was attending a greek preschool overseas. We live in adelaide, she is enrolled to go to SSCS in the city. I am trying to link in with other young families who have same-age kids with fluent greek in the home.

ANyone fancy a meet up next week then at Jubilee Park in Glandore, Wellington Ave? I've met the4hopes there before (sorry its been so long Laura!!). I can bring my crew and its a great and v safe park for meet ups, fantastic with scooters or bikes, and good for picnic under the rotundas...

Guest Taylors08

Hi All.. I would love to come along to the meet up next week. What time and day are you thinking of? I have no other plans next week and i have a 3.5 year old and almost 1 year old and they would love to meet other kids similar ages.

Kelly x

Guest the4hopes

Good idea Sally that would be great, and yes its been ages! Would be lovely to meet more families. Thursday no good for me. Any other day good, we could say 11ish and anyone can get there when they can, if I've got enough food I can stay a while!!

Jubilee Park next week sounds good. I can do any day except Thursday. How about Wednesday at 11?

Mia, is that school Sturt Street? I would like to visit, but now it's the holidays. I've enrolled my daughter at Black Forest, which is the local school. Still not sure about it though. Where do you live? We have a few Greek friends here so my kids get a chance to talk in Greek with other children. It would be nice to meet up with you. Perhaps you can make next week?

roula

It's in Wellington Street, Glandore.

I am having trouble posting the map link but if you put Wellington St Glandore in on google maps, you will see the park aerial view (can't miss it) opposite Forest Street - there's a small carpark and you can see the open space with the little bike track going round the park. Looks like the park's official plot address is 15a Wellington Street - used to be their bowls club I think but they developed it a few years ago.

Hope that helps sorry I can't do the link to the map.

Hi,

We would love to join in, been here since Oct - have two boys, 3 and 1!! They would love a day in the park and a chat with other moms will be fab ....

Originally from South Africa, but lived in the UK for 10 years - so a bit of both......

Just want to confirm it is tomorrow?

Thanks,:cute:

Lindi

I've had a mess up with the VACSWIM registration (what a mess of a bank holiday, some did it Sunday, some did it monday, and I didn't think the registration was Sunday - doh!). So I am waiting for them to tell me whether I have a place anyway for my oldest 2... and of course the lessons start tomorrow... really hoping I dont have a clash (esp as I have promised them the park...)

BTW there are no toilets at the Glandore park (but its not far from Kurralta Park Coles so that would be best bet if absolutely necessary... Not that I usually use park toilets with mine, but just be prepared for the fact there aren't any!!

BTW there are no toilets at the Glandore park (but its not far from Kurralta Park Coles so that would be best bet if absolutely necessary... Not that I usually use park toilets with mine, but just be prepared for the fact there aren't any!!

Is there any play equipment or is it just a park? May bring a ball if not.

Yes, there are swings, climbing frame in the shape of a train (with carriages), some spinny round skateboardy type things (!) and a good space in the middle for ball games. Reckon ball is a good idea, we will prob take one too as well as the scooters. There's a bike track round the edge so that's quite good too.