Play dates

The Monaghans

I was wondering if any of the mums with toddlers would like to arrange a play date soon? My daughter is three and a half and my son is two, and although they go to nursery a couple of mornings and swimming lessons every week I'm a bit worried that they're not having as much contact with other kids as we'd like. Our house isn't very big but we could squeeze a few in, no pool I'm afraid but we're working on it! I was also thinking it might be nice to make a regular thing of going to Play 'n' Fun at Christies Beach. It's indoors so it's nice and cool and my two love it there. They can run themselves into the ground and I have two exhausted toddlers by bedtime. We go every Thursday already but we'd be happy to go on another day as well, maybe Friday? I suppose the thing is, we've dragged them to the other side of the world, away from all their friends and family and now we're worried that they're lonely.:( Could I get some feedback off mums in the south please? We live in Woodcroft by the way. Ta ladies!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Since moving here (with the exception of the last few weeks), I have been going to playgroup with my two on a weekly basis. I have been going to the Old Cottage, corner of Byards and Reynell road. You can take 1 or more child and it is only $2.50 each session, plus a term charge for insurance.

You stay with your kids and they have great facilities there - outdoor play area, bikes, trikes, painting, playdoh, lots of toys, sticking and gluing etc. Next term I am going back on a much more regular basis (my eldest starts school) so am contacting them to find out which sessions have spaces. But if there is a whole session free, we could start a new playgroup session for ourselves????? The session slots are 9am, 11am, 1pm or 3pm and each session runs for 1.5hrs. I am interested in either beginning or end of day to fit in with school run.

If this does not fit in with the idea of this thread, feel free to PM me if anyone is interested.

Cheers now

Sas

xxxx

Good Morning Liz!!

You know I'm usually up for the play dates but with my folks here, I feel all my energies have been on them. We are going to the gold coast next week for 2 weeks, but after that things should be back to normal.

I'll see you Thursday at Donna's? We'll catch up then.

J xxxx

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

I will give them a call today and find out if there is an empty group which we could start. The playgroups are on everyday during the week and at the weekends, the place is available for birthday hire. Watch this space, i will let you know.

Thanks

Regs

Sarah

Hi Liz,

I'm Fae and have lived in Adelaide for just over 4 months now. We are moving to our own house in Hallet Cove next month and I'm looking for new activities to do, and new people to meet, for my 19 month old son and I.

My husband and I visited Christies beach as part of our recky of the area but didn't come across the Play n' Fun facility. Sounds good. How much is it and where do I find out more on days and location?

I must say that I share your concerns about having limited your children's social lives since you've moved over here as I feel the same about our son and would love to break into more informal opportunities for him, and myself, to get together with other kids and parents, besides the structure of activities like swimming and gym classes that we attend weekly.

I'm not sure where Woodcroft is in relation to Hallett Cove but I'd happily meet at Christie's beach in the first instance if you like. Just let me know where and when? Is the Play n' Fun thing likely to be open over the summer holiday's?

b/w