Moonlight Cinema

AussieRob

Just to let you know the moon light cinema has started again.

For those who've never been before, it's a night out in the botanical gardens watching a movie. Take your own bean bag or hire their's... Take a bit of a picnic and go with friends, it's a great alternative night out. The films aren't always the very latest, but there is always a good choice.

Ford Fiesta Moonlight Cinema

Guest Guest75

It's a great experience.

We took loads of nibbles and wine.

Watched some girly/poofy flick..

Funny when you are leaving and the Possums come out of nowhere looking for scraps!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

NME - you are acting like a troll now.

Complaints have been made by fair and decent posters........

Behave or else infractions are to be doled out.

Get 10 and receive a free lifetime ban.:cute:

.....but on a lighter note! It's such fun! We've been for the last few years, in sun and even rain - it came on when we were there!- but we take blankets and a groundsheet if it looks like rain, so it's no drama if the temp drops or it does start raining.

It is pretty costly but used to be a bit cheaper if you bought a few tickets in advance. The latest thing is Gold Grass, which does mean you get a good spot, a beanbag ( and theirs are big) plus a glass of wine BUT I believe it costs as much as Gold Class...which I think is a bit naughty.

All that said, it's nice to watch the sun go down, feel the change in the air and snuggle down in a blanket whilst watching a film. Even if it's " some girly / pouffy flick"! :biglaugh:

LC

Guest guest3462

This sounds like great fun, can you take the kiddies or is it a babysitter night? I used to love the outdoor cinema in Leeds when it was on and that was a darn sight colder than Adelaide has ever been at night!!! It is so nice to be able to make a special effort and so something different rather than just sticking with the norm and heading to the cinema, which incidentally I always feel cold in the cinema and always have to take my coat anyway lol!

If it is rated less than MA then you can take the kidlets, quite often they have family films on aswell. The other option this time of year is the drive in where people pile chairs out of their cars, lie on the roof etc and watch the truly big screen. You can take your own food and drink too. Back in the day kids used to wander around and there was a playground under the screen, but people are more safety orientated now since kids started disappearing.

Isnt it a little cold at night to be sitting outside at night on a bean bag watching a film?

Yawn! :dull::dull:

There are airfare sales i have been told after Christmas if you want to head back to the UK and moan over there.

If you cant say anything positive b*gger off. (sorry but really getting on my nerves now)

Kind Regards,

Nicole

Guest Chandan

who cares about cost.. gold grass tickets are $33 , that to me is a cheap date!! and how romantic! I have had a look see at the film menu for the next months and there are some newies and some oldies.. thanks for posting the link!

Guest dittydotty1

i've just booked to see 'tangled' with the husband and kids age 5 and 3

really looking forward to it and kids well excited about seeing the possums

thanks for the post

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dittydotty1
Just thought I would add that I finally went to the open air cinema and it was a great night out with the girls. Hired bean beds for $7 so worth it. Took wine and nibbles it was really good will def be doing it again.

hi did you hire them when you got there or do you need to arrange in advance??

Guest darlo 2 adelaide
This sounds like great fun, can you take the kiddies or is it a babysitter night? I used to love the outdoor cinema in Leeds when it was on and that was a darn sight colder than Adelaide has ever been at night!!! It is so nice to be able to make a special effort and so something different rather than just sticking with the norm and heading to the cinema, which incidentally I always feel cold in the cinema and always have to take my coat anyway lol!

Hi

I got an email in the government intranet that stated there would be a kiddies film about owls or something on the eve of australia day at the botanic gardens. Just thought I'd let you know.