Baggies fans

Guest pye green baggie

Hi Pye Green Baggie,

Sorry I carnt help with the Baggie fan bit , Im a Villa fan :notworthy:

I grew up in Cannock, on the Rumer Hill Estate. So you are up by the tower then ????

Ive been out since November 2007 and loving it :jiggy:

We will have to catch up when you get out here.

Ps I wont hold it against ya being a baggies fan my best mate is a baggies fan lol Boing boing lmao :goofy:

Guest pye green baggie

Yes we are by the tower. I dont have a problem with the villa ,we need to keep the midlands flag flying.hopefully we can catch up when we get there. all the best.

PGB

Guest kirrkle

I'm from Norton Canes, up the road from Vannock, and have been here since 2005. My husband, Phil, is a Leed's supporter, so quite pleased with yesterday's draw! For the last year or so he has been following Adelaide United, and has really got into them- so there is a bit of 'proper' football over here.

oh, and i have to say: Go the Villa!!!!! :) (or i will be disowned!)

Guest Guest6899
And I was originally from the posh area of Walsall............ Blakenall :biglaugh::biglaugh:

And the wife from Great Wyrley ;)

Im from Great Wyrley originally now in Hednesford parents still there, but a little older that your wife. What a small world.

Lisa

Guest lastboyscout
Hey Last Boy Scout,

How could I possibly beat Blakenhall :P

I got a close 2nd lived on the Chepstow and Dudley Fields :P haha

OMG what a small world it really is, I used to knock around with a few lads on Dudley Fields for a while and had some great friends on the Chepstow ;)

Guest lastboyscout
Can you get posher than Solihull ? Ive got nothing against the midland teams..Big match coming up no throwing seats please villa fans:) keep right on..

MASSIVE game Sunday, good luck, we need it more though :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest6899
I too used to live in norton canes. On the walsall road next to the yew tree pub.That was back in the 70 s.

Very rough :biglaugh: expecially with that mad kid setting fire to the field!!! :biglaugh:

Lisa

Guest Foz in Oz

Hi Baggienurse - I can confirm there are a few of us long suffering Baggies here in Adelaide. I met most of them through the Midland Expats meet up group - we meet up every 3 or 4 months at Glenelg and there are Villa, Blues, Wolves and Albion fans who attend - I even bought a Wolves fan a pint last time - it must be the sun getting to me.....if you're on Facebook try this link;

Welcome to Facebook

We also tried to set up an Adelaide Baggies Facebook page but something went wrong with the invites and we ended up with about 150 Albion supporting members, very few of which I think live in Adelaide, here is the link but we're gonna have another go and be more careful this time with invites;

Adelaide Baggiz W.B.A. | Facebook

I know of at least half a dozen fans and some Poms at work who play footy say they know Albion fans too, and I've seen plenty of shirts and car stickers around the city so we're not alone over here, look out for our number plates - mine is ALBION on a black Golf and a few other lads have WBAFC 0, WBAFC 1, WBAFC 2 & WBAFC 3.

There is also an official Baggies supporters club in Oz though I think it's based in Perth or Sydney but it's worth a look if you ever travel interstate and fancy a beer or two with them.

Anyway, good luck with the move, hope to see you soon - you'll love it here in Adelaide, even if you do end up bleary eyed at 4am in a city pub after losing (again) to the Villa!

Cheers, Paul.

Guest Guest6899
Hi Baggienurse - I can confirm there are a few of us long suffering Baggies here in Adelaide. I met most of them through the Midland Expats meet up group - we meet up every 3 or 4 months at Glenelg and there are Villa, Blues, Wolves and Albion fans who attend - I even bought a Wolves fan a pint last time - it must be the sun getting to me.....if you're on Facebook try this link;

Welcome to Facebook

We also tried to set up an Adelaide Baggies Facebook page but something went wrong with the invites and we ended up with about 150 Albion supporting members, very few of which I think live in Adelaide, here is the link but we're gonna have another go and be more careful this time with invites;

I know of at least half a dozen fans and some Poms at work who play footy say they know Albion fans too, and I've seen plenty of shirts and car stickers around the city so we're not alone over here, look out for our number plates - mine is ALBION on a black Golf and a few other lads have WBAFC 0, WBAFC 1, WBAFC 2 & WBAFC 3.

There is also an official Baggies supporters club in Oz though I think it's based in Perth or Sydney but it's worth a look if you ever travel interstate and fancy a beer or two with them.

Anyway, good luck with the move, hope to see you soon - you'll love it here in Adelaide, even if you do end up bleary eyed at 4am in a city pub after losing (again) to the Villa!

Cheers, Paul.

Wonderfull!!!:biglaugh: will have a look at the sites. Boing Boing.

Lisa

Guest Guest6899
Can you get posher than Solihull ? Ive got nothing against the midland teams..Big match coming up no throwing seats please villa fans:) keep right on..

Hello, Helen i was wondering where you work?? do you find the work better than the NHS??

(Sorry to hijack your thread hubby!!)

Lisa

• 1 year later...
Guest Brummie Stew

[h=2]Birmingham & Midland Group (BMG)[/h]

Birmingham and Midland Group
, next function will be held at The Jetty Hotel, Glenelg. On
Friday 24 February from 7.30 til late
, enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street and meet us in the Birmingham & Midland Bar.

As Adelaide’s only UK expats based group we welcome all, so if you have been here a long time or are a new arrival, come and have a good time. All kids are welcome.

Background on the Birmingham & Midland Group
The Birmingham & Midland Group was established in 2006, this small group afternoon picnic, soon grew with other functions in various location around Adelaide into what has be come quite a large number of people. The word of BMG soon spread, with requests to attend our functions coming from wide and far, it wasn't long before local and U.K. radio stations were requesting interviews. It was soon realised that the individuals and families attending arrived in Adelaide at various times some back in the late 50's and others within a day or two of before attending their first function.

The purpose and philosophy of the Birmingham & Midlands Group
Firstly it is to have a laugh with memories and stories over drinks and/or food with fellow migrants whether they be old or new arrivals, however what has become a vital and most important role for the group is that at times we serve as a first point of contact to new arrivals helping them put down their roots and giving support at this very stressful time, as we all know.

I should mention and make it clear that by name, The Birmingham and the Midlands Group does attract a large number people from these area's, however the last thing we would want is to become exclusive and this is why this is why this is an open invitation to all.

Follow us on facebook or make contact on 0410498127 or