Events on Australia Day 2011

Guest Tina P

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions of what to do this Australia Day, I know about the free breakfasts being held around Adelaide but after ?

Still unsure if we want to go to the beach as I heard that last year it was 4 to 5 cars deep, doesn't sound like fun spending the day on a beach car park !

Thanks

Guest Jo&Phil

You could spend the time after breakfast at the beach ... but might pick one that's a bit quieter than Glenelg or Henley. We were at Normanville last Australia Day and wasn't much busier than usual.

There's also a free parade and concert in the city (Elder Park) from 6pm with fireworks at the end and free buses etc.

Guest the4hopes

We went down to Moana, parked in the car park and carried our stuff,not very far, had the whole beach to ourselves as everyone up the beach from us wanted to park on the sand, they were all crowded together!

Guest spready

Hi

I have been in Adelaide for nearly 9 years but moved from Hampshire 54 years ago.

I always find the fireworks are great fun but the local councils usually hold fun events too. It all depends on the area of Adelaide you are in. City of Playford holds a family fun day at Fremont Park every year which is usually worth checking out.