Wineries Tour for the Laydeez - Part II

The Monaghans

I've had the first quote for the coach and driver for our day out girls, it came in at $640 for 8 hours. If 20 of us go, (and we're pretty much there I think) it will be $32 per head. That DOESN'T include lunch of course and some of the vineyards charge entry so you'll need to find that also. The only other thing is that we need to sort out which wineries we want to go to, I've chosen McLaren Vale as we're down south, but we'll need to choose a "route" and somewhere to stop for lunch. My hubby suggested we take a picnic but hell, we're away from the husbands for the day so let's spend their money I say. Who's with me?!:biglaugh::biglaugh: Any suggestions then for where to go so I can start contacting them?

Guest donna T

$32 sounds like a bargain to me - are they sure they know what they are letting themselves in for:wacko:

Really looking forward to it - I am sure that Judi's Ian knows the Vineyards pretty well so he might have a few suggestions - they are back next wek I think.

Lunch out with no kids around - what luxury. Fab Fab Fab Fab Fab :notworthy:

OK, here's the second quote and I think this one's a goer! Tour lasts approx 10.00am till 5.00pm and includes visits to 3 or 4 "quality" wineries, an olive grove (might ask them to skip this and put in another winery!) and - wait for it - a chocolate factory!!!!. It also includes a 2 course lunch at a winery (shared regional platter, coffee and cake) for $65. Alternatively we could have lunch at a restaurant for $90. I'm thinking option A but of course, we'll go with the majority. I must point out again though, I will be asking for cash in full up front. Let me know asap please girls. By the way, the maximum we can take is 20 so it will be first come first served.

Guest donna T

That one sounds fab Liz - well done for sourcing all the info.

What date did you decide on - if it is beg Feb or after 23 Jan - I will confirm for 2 (Mum is coming and would just love it ) If earlier, just me please.

See you soon

Donna x

Guest Libby1971

Me too please Liz.

Thanks so much for getting all this stuff and with such alot going on. I know we are all grateful - and the chocolate factory is just a flash of brilliance!:notworthy:

Let me know when you want money.

Libby

P.S. I am waiting to hear from someone if they are coming too, not sure yet. I'll let you know within the next couple of days

It sounds like you will have a fab day, I am dead jelous, can't you wait until May!!;)

If it it a good day you will have to do another one so I can come!!:D

Have a great time

Tracey

Liz it all sounds great! Thanks so much for organising this. Option A sounds too good to be true!

It will be me +1. Hopefully my sister and her family will be arriving in the next couple of weeks!

Let me know as soon as you need the money.

Donna

I've had the first quote for the coach and driver for our day out girls, it came in at $640 for 8 hours. If 20 of us go, (and we're pretty much there I think) it will be $32 per head. That DOESN'T include lunch of course and some of the vineyards charge entry so you'll need to find that also. The only other thing is that we need to sort out which wineries we want to go to, I've chosen McLaren Vale as we're down south, but we'll need to choose a "route" and somewhere to stop for lunch. My hubby suggested we take a picnic but hell, we're away from the husbands for the day so let's spend their money I say. Who's with me?!:biglaugh::biglaugh: Any suggestions then for where to go so I can start contacting them?

Put my name down too.If it's before the 16th Jan I'll pay for my sister too.

Nick

Guest Mrs NPB

Is there room for 1 more??? Pleaseeeeeeeeee

My family and I have been here for 1 month and I would like to put faces to all of these 'posting names'

Many Thanks

I look forward to hearing from you:)

You'd be very welcome Mrs NPB! Right, here's my latest update. I have provisionally booked the 20 seater coach for Saturday 26th January 2008, I'm just waiting for confirmation from AD Tours. As I said before, it will be strictly first come, first served and the first 19 people to hand over the cash will be on the coach. I've gone for the option that included the chocolate factory (like there was ever any doubt...) and elected to have lunch at the winery rather than at a restaurant. I haven't quite worked out the fairest way to make sure that those of you I haven't already met have a chance to get on the coach, maybe I will ask you all to meet me on Brighton beach and make you complete a hundred yard dash...:biglaugh::biglaugh: Seriously, I'll think of some way to make it fair, I'd very much like to see some new faces... absolutely bored with some of the old ones:p:p

Liz

Guest donna T

Seriously, I'll think of some way to make it fair, I'd very much like to see some new faces... absolutely bored with some of the old ones

Liz

:P:p:p

And to you Mrs M:D

Guest Libby1971

You may already have posted what the actual final amount including lunch is but I can't find it. Or are the lunches being paid for seperately?

Either way, just let me know and the cash is yours!

Libby:jiggy:

(please note that the smiley is moving randomly which is what I'll be doing by the end of the day)

Guest donna T
OK, here's the second quote and I think this one's a goer! Tour lasts approx 10.00am till 5.00pm and includes visits to 3 or 4 "quality" wineries, an olive grove (might ask them to skip this and put in another winery!) and - wait for it - a chocolate factory!!!!. It also includes a 2 course lunch at a winery (shared regional platter, coffee and cake) for $65.

This is it Libby - see you Friday

Donna x